• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Plugins MagicAtoms

S

SPQR

SPQR submitted a new resource:

MagicAtoms - pack of plugins that add more functionality to some atoms

Releasing some features from something bigger i'm trying to work on (WxM) as standalone plugins. While AETools is a pack more about logic and features that allow more complex operations for advanced users, MagicAtoms is focused on adding new very specific functionality to some of the vam atoms in a way that's easy to use by most vam users

Bondage Trigger
- add BondageTrigger.cslist to a CollisionTrigger atom
- whenever a...

Read more about this resource...

Hi SPQR! The Gravity plugin is very handy when you work on scenes! How about a similar plugin that allow changing the simulation speed by triggers? I mean... the same thing that can be done using the slider in the VaM UI Bar when you click on "click for more options".

(Are you in rome? I'm italian...)

control panel looks awesome! i'm having a bit of trouble getting it to function along with morph blend on a timer. if i deselect "use timer" in the event settings it works fine using the test button as well as the keyboard binding, setting the blend to whatever the slider is. however, if i enable the timer it does not behave as expected, even with very short lengths.

(Are you in rome? I'm italian...)
not telling bro, i have some people around here very mad at me

control panel looks awesome! i'm having a bit of trouble getting it to function along with morph blend on a timer. if i deselect "use timer" in the event settings it works fine using the test button as well as the keyboard binding, setting the blend to whatever the slider is. however, if i enable the timer it does not behave as expected, even with very short lengths.

thank you! it should be fixed, if it doesn't work let me know. i think I get what you're doing and that's a very nice idea!

Awesome, thanks again!

I struggled a bit with two instances of the Control Panel (they did not restore the triggers correctly upon scene reload), but it was me again ;) I added them as session prestes instead as scene presets. Applying them as scene presets resolves all issues, and it makes more sense as well.

of course, no problem! yeah, as a session plugin it's not going to be too helpful unfortunately. Vam clears the triggers that involve atoms that are no longer in the scene. I never tried it but I'd expect most triggeres to get erased when changing a scene. I think it might work only on CoreControl triggers, as a way to do shortcuts for other session plugins (e.g. turn on/off postmagic or frame limiter)

Hi man! Since you're continuing to develop great utility plugins, I have a few ideas you might think of:

1) Time and date for text atoms. You've already done Dynamic Text... what I'm suggesting is to make it possible to display the current date and time. It could also be very useful to trigger actions at specific times and/or dates. Like changing the lights based on the time of day... or some alert like: "Hey! You're having too much fun! Take a break!". Maybe you just have to do the first part…since we can then compare the time string to trigger the actions…

2) I don't know if it's possible to do this: like Dancing Atoms, but allow it to react to system resources (RAM, CPU/GPU usage, etc). I mean make the atoms scale and rotate based on how much RAM is being used. This can be useful for checking how many things can be done before VaM runs out of memory and can also be used to create immersive sci-fi scenes with monitors displaying graphs based on real data.

Well... I don't know if this last point will be useful to anyone other than me... so, you may consider thinking about it, only if it will take very little effort to be done.

That said... keep doing whatever utility plugins you may think of! They are great! ;)

P.s. I try my best but... i'm sorry for my bad english.

Hi man! Since you're continuing to develop great utility plugins, I have a few ideas you might think of:

1) Time and date for text atoms. You've already done Dynamic Text... what I'm suggesting is to make it possible to display the current date and time. It could also be very useful to trigger actions at specific times and/or dates. Like changing the lights based on the time of day... or some alert like: "Hey! You're having too much fun! Take a break!". Maybe you just have to do the first part…since we can then compare the time string to trigger the actions…

2) I don't know if it's possible to do this: like Dancing Atoms, but allow it to react to system resources (RAM, CPU/GPU usage, etc). I mean make the atoms scale and rotate based on how much RAM is being used. This can be useful for checking how many things can be done before VaM runs out of memory and can also be used to create immersive sci-fi scenes with monitors displaying graphs based on real data.

Well... I don't know if this last point will be useful to anyone other than me... so, you may consider thinking about it, only if it will take very little effort to be done.

That said... keep doing whatever utility plugins you may think of! They are great! ;)

P.s. I try my best but... i'm sorry for my bad english.

thanks!

1. somebody else requested something like that a while ago and I updated AETools DynamicText with that feature already. I made an example demo scene here https://www.patreon.com/posts/69696140 , iirc the lamp turns on/off based on your IRL time of the day

2. probably not from me, sorry. it is doable but it would likely require extra steps outside of vam and I don't want to get into that for something like this which very few people would ever use anyway

your english is great, no worries

Back
Top Bottom