• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Lucille

Looks Lucille 4

dub

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
dub_vam
dub submitted a new resource:

Lucille - A fav Look I kept to myself way too long - It's time to let her go ;)

Since i downloaded so much impressive free content from the VAM community i wanted to give something back.

Here is one of my fav looks as a public version. Since the original had skin textures i can't share freely this is a slightly reworked version but i think she's still beautiful.

Look, presets, demo scene and lighting sub scene are created by me. All other content is free content from some of my fav VAM creators. Be sure to check them out.

Dependencies/Credits:
Included in...

Read more about this resource...

The infamous REN himself ;) It is a mix (face + body) of two Patron-only girls. If you want to know which ones i can find that out for you later this evening.

Hi Dub. It's a very nice model, and I appreciate your contribution. I feel put in the time and effort to figure out how to open this but I'm not having much luck. I followed the instructions here and although I have the var file in the correct directory path, VaM isn't seeing it when I go to open it. It is seeing the default scene which is a json file. How do I open this in VaM? I am in the Creator tier on Patreon so I should be able to open it. I am also very new so I realize I have a lot to learn.

Hi Dub. It's a very nice model, and I appreciate your contribution. I feel put in the time and effort to figure out how to open this but I'm not having much luck. I followed the instructions here and although I have the var file in the correct directory path, VaM isn't seeing it when I go to open it. It is seeing the default scene which is a json file. How do I open this in VaM? I am in the Creator tier on Patreon so I should be able to open it. I am also very new so I realize I have a lot to learn.

Okay I figured it out. Usually happens right after I ask for help! VaM never saw the VAR file but I extracted it and voila! It's there. She's a beautiful model, nice job!

Okay I figured it out. Usually happens right after I ask for help!
classic! 😂

Regarding the .var file:
I think these instructions are a bit outdated since they do not mention .var files at all.
These .var packages have become the new standard for VAM-packages and i think if you know how to handle them they're making life a lot easier.

All you have to do is to put the .var file into the /AddonPackages folder in your VAM root. That's it - at least for the installation.

Opening the file can now be done in various ways:

1.) The easiest way is to use the All Scenes Browser (the other green button to the right of the green "Open Scene" button) which is available in the latest 1.20.x version. It's pretty straight forward: open it and you should see your latest additions to VAM right at the beginning of the content gallery. Check if "Sort By" is set to "New to Old" if you don't.

2.) The "old way" is also still available by clicking on "Open Scene". But: the reason why you might not have seen the file is that the content of a .var package is not available in the folder where it normally should be available until you unzip it in the Package Manager (Open Main UI -> File (Open/Save) -> Open Package Manager -> Select the package -> Click Unpack) or, how you solved it, if you're unzipping it manually in the VAM root.

Unhandy, i know... if there wouldn't be this little magic button which shows you all scene packages in the AddonPackages folder after a single click. This works regardless if a package is unzipped or not.

Capture.PNG

The only downside is that you have to know the button is there ;-)

btw: the button is also available in the open dialogue for other file types.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom