Jack and Freya’s Best Laid Plans Remastered

Scenes Jack and Freya’s Best Laid Plans Remastered

Spacedog

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
Spacedogvam
Spacedog submitted a new resource:

Jack and Freya’s Best Laid Plans Remastered - Jack and Freya re stuck at home all day. Whatever will they do to relieve the boredom?

Jack and Freya’s plans for the day were cancelled so now they are stuck at home with absolutely nothing to do. What on earth will they do to pass the time?

This remaster started with me wanting to upgrade the original Best Laid Plans to my latest plugin set but this was no small task. Since this is one of my favourite scenes while I was at it I wanted to give it the full makeover it deserved.

Some highlights:
  • New sunbathing area with 6 scenes, new skinny dipping jacuzzi intro...

Read more about this resource...

This looks really good. I don't have time to check out right now. It seems you have 2 download options when I click Download. It probably means you uploaded the file twice somehow. It should be fixable by releasing an update (you could leave version the same).

This looks really good. I don't have time to check out right now. It seems you have 2 download options when I click Download. It probably means you uploaded the file twice somehow. It should be fixable by releasing an update (you could leave version the same).
Yes when I was posting the asset I think I pressed a wrong button and it navigated away from the page and when I went back there seemed to be nothing uploaded so I did it again. I will investigate what's up.

A vam noob needs some help with these great scenes.

Is there a way to add the passenger and improved pov plugins to the scenes so that once you've loaded into the 1st scene you are able to click on the arrows to advance without it kicking you out of passenger and removing the plugins that you manually added 1 scene ago?

At the moment I have to stop the scene every single time I click an arrow, go into edit mode and add both the passenger and pov plugins again and manually turn them on again.

Really just want to be able to work through the different poses/positions 1 by 1 and stay in passenger mode.

Thanks

It's a good question. I don't really use Passenger so I'm not sure, you might be able to unpack it and add passenger to each scene and re-save it. Bear in mind these animated scenes are not really designed to be interactive, the penetration is likely to fail at some point as it takes a lot of accuracy to get it right.

It's a good question. I don't really use Passenger so I'm not sure, you might be able to unpack it and add passenger to each scene and re-save it. Bear in mind these animated scenes are not really designed to be interactive, the penetration is likely to fail at some point as it takes a lot of accuracy to get it right.

As someone who started using VAM after the built in HUB was added, this might be beyond me.

I did try opening the scene for edit, and then adding the plugins and saving it. However instead of saving the changes to the scene that already exists, the game tries to save it as an all new scene in my own saved scenes folder rather than in the .var folder where the scenes all originate from.

If I could work out how to move the scenes so they show up in my scenes folder I suppose I could then edit each 1 and save it with the same name as the old version so it replaces the original.

I have no idea if doing any of this would screw up the in scene arrows though. Would they still know where to go?

You can unpack the scene in the package manager and this will give you a folder in your AddonPackages that you can put in your Scenes folder and edit. I'm not 100% sure but I think the navigation arrows will still work.
1611861885543.png

You can unpack the scene in the package manager and this will give you a folder in your AddonPackages that you can put in your Scenes folder and edit. I'm not 100% sure but I think the navigation arrows will still work. View attachment 29191
Ah good timing. I just started saving edited versions of each scene with the passenger plugin into my default saved scenes folder, and by pure luck I figured out how to change where the arrow goes when click. Just tested it with the 1st 2 scenes and it seems to work. The arrow in the edited intro scene loads up the edited sofa scene.

Your way sounds much simpler so I'll try that now. At least I know worst case I can do each scene manually.

Only thing I need to figure out now is how to have the passenger plugin be active automatically when the scene loads :)

Ah good timing. I just started saving edited versions of each scene with the passenger plugin into my default saved scenes folder, and by pure luck I figured out how to change where the arrow goes when click. Just tested it with the 1st 2 scenes and it seems to work. The arrow in the edited intro scene loads up the edited sofa scene.

Your way sounds much simpler so I'll try that now. At least I know worst case I can do each scene manually.

Only thing I need to figure out now is how to have the passenger plugin be active automatically when the scene loads :)

Never mind. All I had to do was have passenger set to active when I saved the scene, doh.

Just a suggestion, but personally I think this whole scene/set of scenes would be awesome with not only passenger on by default as an option, but also if the arrows didn't have to completely load a new scene and looks. Have you had a look at the "Holiday v7" scene? That scene works in exactly that way. You can change looks in the beginning and they stay on as you jump from position to position using the "hearts" which are basically like your arrows.

:)

Best Laid Plans was made long before the plugins to make the holiday navigation system were around. I have a new system based on subscenes that I'm working on which should be even better, but porting BLP would be a huge amount of work. Maybe one day.

I'll consider your passenger idea for future scenes.

Best Laid Plans was made long before the plugins to make the holiday navigation system were around. I have a new system based on subscenes that I'm working on which should be even better, but porting BLP would be a huge amount of work. Maybe one day.

I'll consider your passenger idea for future scenes.

No worries. Having just read up a bit more I realise it's not just a case of merging a load of scenes into 1 lol.

Thanks

You can unpack the scene in the package manager and this will give you a folder in your AddonPackages that you can put in your Scenes folder and edit. I'm not 100% sure but I think the navigation arrows will still work. View attachment 29191

Oh fyi the navigation arrows do seem to still work. The path to the scene they access automatically adjusted itself to the new location of the scene folder.

What I forgot to do though was save my edited scenes at the very beginning, so the arrows load into mid scene.....

I'll get there eventually.

Back
Top Bottom