Is there a mega download of offhub vars?

marlowInc

Reactions
I started grabbing everything I can and using and using ingame auto downloader to get the rest, but now I have a massive list of red not on hub add ons that I would need to individually hunt down. Is there some sort of community run download that has all of the free ones that aren't behind a paywall gathered for 1 big 300 gb download? This is more of an OCD thing, I just want to get rid of all the reds. It bothers me that there are so many.

There isn't.

You will never get rid of dependency errors by getting more packages. One of the reasons is that plenty of people don't know (or knew then) how to pack VARs cleanly, and you only need a few of these to create a cascade of endless dependencies.
Your main tool to avoid them is to avoid resources with a ridiculous amount of dependencies for what they are. Those are dependency bombs that undermine your VaM performance. Free resources that require paid dependencies are something to avoid too, usually a sign the person can't pack for shit.

There are some tools around that try to give you some control over what you have in one way or another. Of course, you can also go manually and use Package Manager (user prefs) to ignore dependency calls per VAR, or even remove that info in the VAR's meta.json, but that's only reasonable with a limited numbers of VARs.

In Package Manager, you can click the tab to show the vars with Missing Dependencies, then step through each one manually and turn on the Ignore Missing Dependencies check box under Preferences. While you have that list up, you should try to decide which ones you really want to keep, and which ones are just something random you grabbed. Cull the herd...

Back
Top Bottom