• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Increase Speed / Sensitivity of Link?

pingaboy

Reactions
Is it possible to increase the speed of which 2 objects are linked together? So that square 1 will move square 2 at double its rate etc.
In other words, when square 1 moves 1 meter square 2 moves 2 meters.
Pic for example
6D05afj.jpeg

I don't think that's possible, when you link something it moves in-sync.
But you wanna some type of "exponential" movement (how is that linked if it moves at different speed to achieve higher distance?)?
I don't understand the use case here, but your best alternative would be to animate it with timeline or something.

You can even use something as basic as animation patterns (to get that effect).
By using different speeds or distance...and controling both of them
example: 3 APs (x0-1, x0-2, x0-3) at 50% time
Untitled.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't think that's possible, when you link something it moves in-sync.
But you wanna some type of "exponential" movement (how is that linked if it moves at different speed to achieve higher distance?)?
I don't understand the use case here, but your best alternative would be to animate it with timeline or something.

You can even use something as basic as animation patterns (to get that effect).
By using different speeds or distance...and controling both of them
example: 3 APs (x0-1, x0-2, x0-3) at 50% timeView attachment 104791
Thanks, the use case would be so more subtle movements cause an object to move more when paired with a controller, like changing sensitivity.
Not sure if this animation example is what I'm looking for but I don't really understand it since I'm a noob. Would it be possible to attach that slider to a controller somehow?

Upvote 0
I actually figured out how to simulate this thanks to VAMUser's post.
I 3 very simple animations in Timeline, created a cube inbetween two walls.
The two walls have collision triggers, on hit they play the animation.

So now, all there is to do is change the distance between the two walls (so the cube travels less distance to hit them)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom