• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Increase max hair length

ct991

Reactions
Is there a way to allow more than 50 hair segments and increase the per segment length beyond what is there now? Is it a config change or would it be a code change?

With every hair segment, you are increasing the ressouce demands to the physics system. Hair styles with high performance demands are almost unplayable (in VR) for many of us. Many things in VaM are a compromise between look and performance (like in most games, too). So I doubt that there is much interest for this in the community. You know, that you can adjust the lenght of the segments, too, so it is "only a matter of how smooth the look is in the end. This smoothness can even be enhanced by the physics settings (those with the performance warnings). Nevertheless, I only can imagine, that you would need more segments for realy curly , very long hair. Maybe only MeshedVR could give you an answer.

Upvote 0
I'm only running in desktop mode, so VR performance isn't important. Do the majority of users user VR?

Upvote 0
I don't know if it is the majority NOW, but the big sensation of VaM was (and is) VR and at the beginning it definitely was the majority.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom