• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Improved PoV

Plugins Improved PoV v2.1.2

Acid Bubbles

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
Acid Bubbles submitted a new resource:

Improved PoV - Improved POV handling so that possession actually feels right.

Currently, the possession mode (point-of-view) in Virt-A-Mate places the camera in front of the head. That feels like you're floating in front of someone's body.

We want the camera to be exactly where the eyes are, with the same eye distance. The simple solution is to simply place the camera in the "right spot", and increase the minimum clipping distance, but that creates other problems, such as visual artefacts when moving the head, and close objects clipping. This plugin solves all...

Read more about this resource...

This is great but it doesnt always work with some scenes i use. Not my ones but ones off vam. So i think sometimes there is a setting or conflict which causes the awesome plugin to not fully work. Sadly I am not proficient enough yet to resolve this on my own and as its only in other peoples scenes I am not sure. But it works fine for my stuff :-D

Ok so i went back and installed all my own plugins and I still found the aforementioned issue but not as severe.

The issue is distracting and likely the opposite of what you intend so worth looking into...

I can see semi transparent nostrils (brown in colour on a black model, lighter for fair skin etc.)

I cannot recreate this on desktop. It is a vr only problem for me so Im not sure how to take a screen shot.

Any ideas ?

thank you for your help and for the most excellent work you do for all! ;)

@Virtyourmate I've seen some models that had the eyelids show up in VR, but I never noticed nostrils. If you have a scene you can share, I'll check it out see if I can do something about it! A screenshot would be useful but to fix it I'd need to run the problem locally.

I will put my camera into my vr head set and press click and see what we get haha it might not be pretty but as ive seen this off an on for a while now its worth following up....prob something ive and others have done wrong and not your plugin which is awesome haha

thanks again for assistance ;-D

Oh well there's a checkbox to enable to "hide" effect without being actually inside the head, so that should work for screenshot purposes. But really like I said getting the scene (or probably more the look) will be much more helpful!

Ok so i tried to reproduce it with my camera and it sucked lol so ill use streaming via VD but as ive never done that it may take a while. I will say its not everytime. I tested the same scene like 3 times and only once was it an issue. Which is odd. When I have something I can show you I will. I believe it was nostrils but it could be eye pupils maybe? to be honest they looked like tony brown flatjacks haha :-O

Pls dont worry about this until i can repeateldy demonstrate the issue so you can actually solve it :)

I'll check for the eyelids showing up on some anime-like characters, it might be the same issue. If you do have something to share let me know, Improved PoV is not simple, but I'll do my best :)

@diabuz Improved PoV (and the newer version, Embody - I'd recommend using Embody instead) should work in VR and non-VR. When you say "I found a way", what do you mean? Are you using Improved PoV on Desktop but still seeing the ears?

@diabuz Improved PoV (and the newer version, Embody - I'd recommend using Embody instead) should work in VR and non-VR. When you say "I found a way", what do you mean? Are you using Improved PoV on Desktop but still seeing the ears?

I didn't use Improved POV. You can hid some shaders in character options.

I will try Embody, thanks. :)

Embody doesn't seem to work with my desktop camera. Never mind, I will hide ears with a video editing software.

Back
Top Bottom