Import genesis 8 character(only morph) to vam(with pictures)

Guides Import genesis 8 character(only morph) to vam(with pictures)

donkilluminatti

Featured Contributor
Reactions
donkilluminatti submitted a new resource:

Import genesis 8 character to vam(with pictures) - genesis2 genesis8 import

1. Download T-Pose-Gen2.zip
  2. Unzip to C:\Users\%USER%\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Presets\Poses
  3. Open DAZ3D
  4. Add genesis 8 character to the scene View attachment 41423
  5. Adjust to your liking
  6. Set scale to 100% View attachment 41424
  7. Find and select the T-Pose-Gen2 pose here(right panel - Posing -> Presets -> Saved Files) View attachment 41426 or here(left panel - Content Library -> My Library-> Presets ->...

Read more about this resource...

broken lol

Loading morph max...
Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph.

You get that message if you don't change Resolution Level to Base before exporting.

Check that the exported .obj is smaller than 4mb before proceeding to the next step.

Does this work with Genesis 3 as well? My G3 character's mouth is constantly open when I use the morph in VAM, and the eyes are a weird shape. Everything is where it should be though, and the morph looks perfect in DAZ. I've also done about 15 of these from Genesis 8 and they all work fine.

Last edited:
Does this work with Genesis 3 as well? My G3 character's mouth is constantly open when I use the morph in VAM, and the eyes are a weird shape. Everything is where it should be though, and the morph looks perfect in DAZ. I've also done about 15 of these from Genesis 8 and they all work fine.
I haven't tried it. However, since the standard way to turn gen8 into gen2 is used, there should be no problem here either. However, I want to remind you that if the growth is less than 100%, then artifacts may occur.

any idea how to fix the eyes? When I fit gen 8 to gen 2, the eyes get distorted...when imported to VAM, they are distorted and bug out when looking down. Any ideas on a fix? I followed the steps exactly multiple times over....

1) the height of the model should be 100% for better compatibility with vam
2) Be sure to do: 19) Now let's adjust the rig (Edit - Figure - Rigging - Adjust Rigging To Shape)

any idea how to fix the eyes? When I fit gen 8 to gen 2, the eyes get distorted...when imported to VAM, they are distorted and bug out when looking down. Any ideas on a fix? I followed the steps exactly multiple times over....
Right, once you've done step 17, make sure and seriously make sure that the morph you are converting is at 100% now do the rest of the steps. The issue comes from when you are doing step 19 "adjust rigging to shape" if the morph is not at 100% then it is not actually being adjusted. I just realised that tonight. You can see on the picture that they slider is up on the step 18.

Right, once you've done step 17, make sure and seriously make sure that the morph you are converting is at 100% now do the rest of the steps. The issue comes from when you are doing step 19 "adjust rigging to shape" if the morph is not at 100% then it is not actually being adjusted. I just realised that tonight. You can see on the picture that they slider is up on the step 18.
yep...I figured it out. It took a minute though. Thanks for letting me know!

I'm stuck at step 8 and 9, as the menu option indicated in the images are not available (not that I can find) in the Daz3d 1.5 software I'm using. I managed to merge the T-pose file into the scene with my gen 8 character and I merged the gen 2 character into the scene. So the two characters look the way they do in the step 8/step 9 images.

But again, I'm still stuck because I can't find the T-Pose menu selection options of the step 8 and step 9 images. And I've been looking very thoroughly. I could really use some pointers with this.

broken lol

Loading morph max...
Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph.

Had the same issue but found out the reason. Genesis2 and Genesis8 now comes with an extra component that must be deleted in both figures -> "dForce Breast addon for G2F"

But then on Step 20 slider is back to 0... I've tried both and still getting eyes popping out in VAM. Also pupils are stretched out vertically

22) Saving a new morph(File - Save As - Support Asset - Morph Asset)

Please make a bit more clear because it MAKES HALF MILLION .dsf files.
Nvm i figured. U forgot to explain WHAT is need to be checked at this point.

Last edited:
1) the height of the model should be 100% for better compatibility with vam
2) Be sure to do: 19) Now let's adjust the rig (Edit - Figure - Rigging - Adjust Rigging To Shape)
It doesn't help anything. Model height is 100%, "19) Now let's adjust the rig (Edit - Figure - Rigging - Adjust Rigging To Shape)" is DONE. But you explain nothing at this point but it's done.
Aaaaaaand garbage. The model eyes are still poppin out and the hands are deformed too. This "tutorial" is nothing. Just a placeholder.

Last edited:
must say it works Great with G3F too , as the genesis 3 is already in a T pose, although arms are straight it still worked and the eyeballs don`t look too warped
unlike genesis 8 , thats a pain it screws up the tears as well as the eyeballs , but the eyes can be fixed using Morph fixer that is great little program.
but saying that Daz makes a good effort in trying wrap the G2 to the G8

First, thanks for making this. Second, it seems to work with one small issue. If you want the imported character to be a bit smaller, her arms (probably legs too, but most models aren't walking) become all gummy and no longer bend at the elbow, it looks like she's made of rubber and they just curve instead of bend. I did do the Adjust Rigging to shape, everything was already checked, but the joints don't seem to line up.

Can someone assist me on this issue, pretty please?

First, thanks for making this. Second, it seems to work with one small issue. If you want the imported character to be a bit smaller, her arms (probably legs too, but most models aren't walking) become all gummy and no longer bend at the elbow, it looks like she's made of rubber and they just curve instead of bend. I did do the Adjust Rigging to shape, everything was already checked, but the joints don't seem to line up.

Can someone assist me on this issue, pretty please?
i had similar issue with the arm pits when the arm rotates to the side down the fold would have an arch in stead of a crease, had to fix it in blender
but would be interesting to see if there is an easier fix.
the other issue i hate , is it screws up the eyeballs and tears .

i had similar issue with the arm pits when the arm rotates to the side down the fold would have an arch in stead of a crease, had to fix it in blender
but would be interesting to see if there is an easier fix.
the other issue i hate , is it screws up the eyeballs and tears .

I assume that by fix in blender, you mean you export to blender and edit there for a still image? Or does that tweak in blender fix in the animation while in vam? Thanks

I assume that by fix in blender, you mean you export to blender and edit there for a still image? Or does that tweak in blender fix in the animation while in vam? Thanks
yes i would export from Daz as an fbx as that saves the rig too, then import the fbx into blender , using blenders pose rotating the arm to check the problem and make adjustments in edit mode or using sculpt. export as an obj and import back in to daz using morph loader pro .
if the eyes looked warped , i would use this to fix eyeballs.
its simple enough to use but on occasion have to move the eyes in blender so not to see any gaps in the eye socket .

Back
Top Bottom