Question Identifying colliders responsible for physics explosion?

BStarG2

Reactions
Hey.

So I'm having issues with some characters. They always end up having physics explosion and catapult themselves to another dimension.

The thing is - initially - I thought that the problem specifically came from using Customized Colliders presets. However, what I did next surprised me. I did the following:

1) Opened a default empty Scene.
2) Loaded in the default VAM female model.
3) Installed (on the female Atom) the latest version of the Colliders plugin (AcidBubble's Collider, version .38 for now).
4) Went in the Plugin's UI, and simply Saved the colliders of the default VAM female (as a Custom Colliders preset).

Then, I went in the Scenes I knew where my custom female characters were victims of Physics explosions, equipped them with the Colliders Plugin, loaded in the 'default' VAM colliders positioning on the female Atom and.... well, it STILL explodes.

BUT...

That's not all. Maybe at this point you might think well, maybe something is wrong with the Plugin in question?

Nope. How do I know?

Because it STILL explodes even without the Plugin equipped, which is another thing I checked just to be sure.

Finally, perhaps something important to consider (which indeed leads me to believe the problem is caused by some colliders), when I disable Advanced Colliders (on the affected female Atoms) the physics explosions stop entirely... but... of course, at the price of the physics of the Scene to be terribly low quality and breaking the immersion, etc. But, at least, I know for sure that colliders - somehow - cause the physics explosions I'm seeing.

So...

#1: How do I know _which_ collider(s) may be causing explosions?

#2: Is there maybe some 'debugging' style Plugins that actually can do just that? Maybe with some Text-based file (Error Log style) script that would determine which colliders may be behind physics explosions in a Scene, like a sort of Scene (or Atom-specific) colliders "scanner"? (or maybe that's just way too complex to do though, I wouldn't know).

Because, as of now, the only way I can think of in investigating which collider(s) on the female Atom may be the culprit(s) is to literally 'play around' with each and every single Colliders one by one until maybe I find 'the one'. But here's the BIG problem with this 'Process of Elimination' method... the explosion would occur DURING me checking. If it explodes, I can't do anything anymore. It's literally impossible to even 'operate on' the character if it's twisting and reshaping itself into an inter-dimensional Cthulhu (not to mention that at that point my VAM usually decides it's a good idea to run at around 15 FPS).

I'd need some kind of an automation (scanning) thing to help, with some error log... anyone knows if it already exists? (if so, please let me know).

If not, maybe some method you could suggest I'm not thinking of?

Thanks.

I had a look with this problem. Turns out the culprit was a combination of extreme morphing (receding jawline) and mis matched morphing (between the hip leg and back morphs) In my case the problem was solved by adjusting morphs rather than colliders. I would try high lighting colliders so they are visible and try to find the ones that are shaking pre explosion. then examine the morphs affecting that area.

Upvote 0
I had a look with this problem. Turns out the culprit was a combination of extreme morphing (receding jawline) and mis matched morphing (between the hip leg and back morphs) In my case the problem was solved by adjusting morphs rather than colliders. I would try high lighting colliders so they are visible and try to find the ones that are shaking pre explosion. then examine the morphs affecting that area.

Ok that actually does point to one specific direction (at least in the case of the characters I have which are victims of physics explosions):

1) The characters I noticed whom are effected by the explosions are - in most cases - very 'stylized' (video games character Looks, like League of Legends, Valorant, Overwatch and the likes, which are characters with very specific and stylized morphs unless some Ports of such characters actually _only_ port the Head Mesh and the rest of the body happens to just be generic DAZ / Genesis models... but otherwise, if the Port is 'accurate' and strictly replicates the stylized morphs from the game, those characters suffer from physics explosions the most).

2) However, trying to adjust Morphs 'on-the-fly' with Highlighted Colliders (with added opacity to see them better), on specific areas where the Colliders might already show signs of instability is not something I considered doing at all. I was only focusing my attention on the Colliders themselves.

So thanks for raising that idea, to actually re-adjust Morphs instead, I'll give that a try! (it'll take a lot of time though, but I'll report back on this at some point).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom