• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question How was OniEkohvius able to do such a perfect port of the cartoon character?

fyxtc

Reactions
Can anyone tell me how to do?
1656988442272.png

Wrap3 is probably your best bet! Not sure if thats what most creators use but would definitely get you very close and then you can make any final tweaks in blender.

Upvote 0
Wrap3 is probably your best bet! Not sure if thats what most creators use but would definitely get you very close and then you can make any final tweaks in blender.
I didn't know wrap3, can I ask some question about wrap3? (if wrap3 can do these, I will try wrap3)
1) In Vam Looks Transfering, very important point is "Some vertexes never move". Can Wrap3 keep some vertexes keep their position?(Poser can these cos It is hand painted fitting)
2)Also In Vam Looks making some faces must be keep normals, can wrap3 keep these?

Upvote 0
I didn't know wrap3, can I ask some question about wrap3? (if wrap3 can do these, I will try wrap3)
1) In Vam Looks Transfering, very important point is "Some vertexes never move". Can Wrap3 keep some vertexes keep their position?(Poser can these cos It is hand painted fitting)
2)Also In Vam Looks making some faces must be keep normals, can wrap3 keep these?

I only found out about it myself recently! Wrap3 takes whatever base mesh you input and moves the vertices to fit with a target mesh input, the vertex order is unchanged so you can use the output as a morph in DAZ with no problems. Theres a video on it here. It's also pretty good at transferring the textures from the new character model to the genesis 2 UVs.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second question, sorry!

Upvote 0
I only found out about it myself recently! Wrap3 takes whatever base mesh you input and moves the vertices to fit with a target mesh input, the vertex order is unchanged so you can use the output as a morph in DAZ with no problems. Theres a video on it here. It's also pretty good at transferring the textures from the new character model to the genesis 2 UVs.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second question, sorry!
Thx. I watched the Video. My Impression is "That is good tool for normal VaM's Model. but not suitable with anime head." with some reason.
1) Almost Anime Head has Too Deferent Toporogy with G2F (ex. eye structure) so this tool seens hard to transfer these.
2) Almost Anime Head has Too Deferent Positions(Mouth,Nose,Eyes) so need much adjustment. I can make morph with Poser while adjusting :)

It is only my impression, Anyway Wrap3 seems good tool. thx a lot!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah it works best with standard topology but you can pretty quickly get some good results and then tweak bad vertices in blender, I just did the one below in 10 mins (but then would need to move the eyes and mouth to match which would take longer). I've never used poser myself so that might be better for anime looks but its definitely worth checking it out!
TEST_1.pngTEST_2.pngTEST_3.png

Upvote 0
Yeah it works best with standard topology but you can pretty quickly get some good results and then tweak bad vertices in blender, I just did the one below in 10 mins (but then would need to move the eyes and mouth to match which would take longer). I've never used poser myself so that might be better for anime looks but its definitely worth checking it out!
View attachment 136213View attachment 136214View attachment 136215
Yes "It is not for Me. But it is for You :)".

Attachments

• Screenshot_193.png
    Screenshot_193.png
    746.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Glad you like it 😊

Can confirm I use Wrap3 and then Zbrush to touch up from there. Eye sockets, eyes, and nose are usually the things that require the most work to get right. If you're just learning, i'd suggest using an easier model first like Dead or Alive or something generically human like that. That way you can learn all the steps and get a decent result before moving onto anime which requires a bit more work.

I remember this video being useful - I know the one I watched had The Rock in it so i'm assuming this is it:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom