How to watch a mixed reality video on Quest 3

capta134

Reactions
Using mixed reality in VAM is very easy. Just enable the VD mixed reality option set the proper color and see your desired scene.

I tried to do the same using a Green background Video I made but with no success. I have no idea what the difference is between a scene and a video(MP4).

I tried enabling mixed reality from VD or Quest 3 itself but so far no luck. What I do not understand is what is the difference between a scene in VAM and a video with a green background when Oculus receives them.

I guess this functionality may not have been released yet.

Last edited:
Virtualdesktop replaces the set colourcode e.g. (0;255;0) always with passthrough. Its highly likely that the video might have the same visible background colour to your eyes (e.g. bright green), but not exactly the same colourcode.

Ive seen some passthrough videos with colourcode instructions and they worked, technically it should be possible.

Very interesting. So are you saying a video in above case a background of (0,254,0) won't be passthrough?

Very interesting. So are you saying a video in above case a background of (0,254,0) won't be passthrough?
There seems to be a certain range where the colour starts to slowly fade away, im not sure where exactly it starts, but 0,254,0 probably would be invisible aswell. If you set up your usual mixedreality via virtualdesktop, take a look at the colour plates of e.g. the skin colours when editing an appearance. If you go into green, youll see that a big chunk of the green range gets invisible but theres still alot of green tones which dont activate the passthrough.

There seems to be a certain range where the colour starts to slowly fade away, im not sure where exactly it starts, but 0,254,0 probably would be invisible aswell. If you set up your usual mixedreality via virtualdesktop, take a look at the colour plates of e.g. the skin colours when editing an appearance. If you go into green, youll see that a big chunk of the green range gets invisible but theres still alot of green tones which dont activate the passthrough.
Again very interesting. I think VD current passthrough technology is still very immature and we will see huge improvements in the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom