• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question How to make decals into clothes?

Reactions
Sorry of my ignorance of tutorials. In general, how do we make decals like tattoos into a clothing item in VaM (decals on body, NOT decals on other clothes)? This should be easier than general clothes creation...

For example, how to creating clothes like LewdMarks Womb Tattoos by Hunting Succubus. Assuming we have already got 4096*4096 png files for diffusion textures...

Clothing - LewdMarks Womb Tattoos | Virt-A-Mate Hub (virtamate.com)

I have tried adding a geometry shell to a G2F in Daz3d, but a geometry shell itself is not a clothing item and the .duf file can't be loaded into VaM. decal to clothes.png

I am always curious how the transparent parts in clothes are created, for example this one

Clothing - Slim dress | Virt-A-Mate Hub (virtamate.com)

Last edited:
Don't make a geometry shell in DAZ, but export/import the whole figure (without eyes and mouth internals) as clothes.
I made one for someone some days ago and posted it to the thread.
BUT:
I would say it is more easy and maybe performance friendly to use an existing skin tight clothes item.
Just use a tight shirt without physics and put a a tatoo decal onto it.
For full body, I would suggest the build-in VaM full body suit.
As you may know, you can change the texture of every clothes item and you can make parts invisible by turning down the alpha value and add an alpha-map.

Alpha map: it is quite easy if you are used to a painting tool with layers like photoshop.
-Load the clothes texture you have made, select everything except the tatoo (for instance), and delete it to be black.
-Then invert the selection and fill (or delete) it with white colour... ready!
Add this as alpha map texture and everything except the tatoo will be invisible.

I would only suggest a full body clone clothing, if you want to use the ready made body decals 1:1.
But you have to edit it a bit and maybe create an alpha map, anyways.

Upvote 0

It is in this thread.
BUT, I made it very quickly and doesn't have tested it very much.
It has NO textures in it, so you have to add them as you like.

Upvote 0
.... As you may know, you can change the texture of every clothes item and you can make parts invisible by turning down the alpha value and add an alpha-map.

Alpha map: it is quite easy if you are used to a painting tool with layers like photoshop.
-Load the clothes texture you have made, select everything except the tatoo (for instance), and delete it to be black.
-Then invert the selection and fill (or delete) it with white colour... ready!
Add this as alpha map texture and everything except the tatoo will be invisible....

I just followed your idea with the first decal to clothes.png attachment below (4096 by 4096, everything other than the text is transparent) with your var posted in the other thread...

but the issue is,

if I load it to _AlphaTex, then I only see the while "coat" but no tattoos ( the text "I am trying to turn decals into clothes"), the whole thing disappears as I lower the value of alpha

if I load it to _DecalTex, this is close to what I want, unfortunately my tattoo text "I am trying to turn decals into clothes" also disappears when I adjust the alpha to minimum.

What did I miss? I wish there is a way to set that white-colored coat of body as transparent...

Attachments

• decal to clothes.png
    decal to clothes.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 0
  • loaded to _AlphaTex.jpg
    loaded to _AlphaTex.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 0
  • loaded to _DecalTex.jpg
    loaded to _DecalTex.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
please put the texture into the main texture slot and the alpha-map texture in the alpha slot.
You will need both.
In your case, just load a texure with the white text on black background into the alpha slot, and the same texture but with black (or red or whatever) text in the main texture slot.

The alpha map texture will cut out everything that is black and shows everything that is white.
If you would put in an all-black solid color texture, the whole cloth would be invisible.
You can also create partly visible transitions by using a gradual color transition from white to black.
The alpha-value slider should be in the neutral (middle) position with this methode.

Upvote 0
Hi,
please put the texture into the main texture slot and the alpha-map texture in the alpha slot.
You will need both.
In your case, just load a texure with the white text on black background into the alpha slot, and the same texture but with black (or red or whatever) text in the main texture slot.

The alpha map texture will cut out everything that is black and shows everything that is white.
If you would put in an all-black solid color texture, the whole cloth would be invisible.
You can also create partly visible transitions by using a gradual color transition from white to black.
The alpha-value slider should be in the neutral (middle) position with this methode.

Really appreciate it! Now I understand the meaning of alpha map.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom