• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Answered How to load and loop a local video file in a scene

SuperSamoth

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Hello there, sorry if this was already asked and answered but I've looked a bit and did not find anything. I would like to loop a video outside a window to act as an animated background. I've tried using web browser to load my local video file but I can't seem to find how to make it start and loop using an UIbutton I've tried many options but nothing seems to work. Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance

the way i did it like in the background here was by converting the video to an animated gif. you'll be able to share it easier that way too. you can use ffmpeg to convert it.

I wouldn't bother with videos for loops personally but there were some plugins if you really want videos, like https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/videocontroller.9797/
Oh why did I not think of that ! thanks a lot mate that's what I'll do ! Btw is it a plugin in the making in the video ?

Upvote 0
np!

I might release soon some plugins with UIs a bit like that. gaming elements like in the video i don't think so, maybe something smaller or simpler, there's very little interest in stuff like this around vam from what i gathered
Ok nice ! Gaming elements might not be greatly received for now but maybe 2x will have better support and application possibilities, I'd like to at least

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom