• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question How to export eye/iris texture?

wangzhang320

Reactions
I try to export the VAM characters in obj format for modification in external 3D software. With the VAM built-in export function, I can export the OBJ format character mesh surface, and find the skin texture in the var file, but the eye texture seems to be a built-in preset of VAM, which cannot be exported as a image. And I cannot find the corresponding eye iris texture in the VAM installation package.

Does anyone know where the eye iris texture built in VAM can be found or exported?

1667792889707.png

I don't think it can be exported, or other built-in parts like the skins, because of legal reasons. But you can always re-apply them when you bring the model back to VaM, if that's the intention.

Upvote 0
Isn't it possible to use a standard Daz G2F iris texture? There should be any number of free G2F textures you can use, even if it's only temporary. You could also pull one from another var file where they are included. The ones built into VAM cannot be extracted. Some looks use the built-ins, some have their own.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom