• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

How to add a CamRide to your scene

Guides How to add a CamRide to your scene

CheersMate

Reactions
Website
ecchi.iwara.tv
CheersMate submitted a new resource:

How to add a CamRide to your scene - Ever wondered how to add a camride to your scene? Well I did.

Ever wondered how to add a CamRide to your scene? Well I did. With some help from the VaM community and a little trial and error, it turns out it's really easy.

Maybe this is common knowledge and I was the last to know about it but just in case others are confused, I thought I'd share what I learned.

------------------------------------------------
All you really need to know:
Adding the "playerNavCollider" line (see below) to your json save file causes your...

Read more about this resource...

CheersMate said:
Note: It's entirely possible that I'm doing something I'm not supposed to so, if you see a flaw or a simple improvement, please share.
Just passing by to say that you can do it without the CUA. That'll change your steps 2 & 6.

Use the "WindowCamera" atom instead and turn the Camera on.
1674672622949.png

Big plus with this: you can use the "Show Camera View in HUD", so you don't even need to move around in your scene to see the camera screen when creating your camride. Also you'll have and bigger screen and can change the FOV.

If you want to use the WindowCamera separately, you can use an "Empty" atom instead. Just move the "WindowCamera" to the "Empty" atom position (use the "Select Align To From Scene" button from the "Move" tab to do it in a second) and parent the "WindowCamera" to the "Empty" atom. You can un-parent the "WindowCamera" when you're done.

Just passing by to say that you can do it without the CUA. That'll change your steps 2 & 6.

Use the "WindowCamera" atom instead and turn the Camera on.
View attachment 204034
Big plus with this: you can use the "Show Camera View in HUD", so you don't even need to move around in your scene to see the camera screen when creating your camride. Also you'll have and bigger screen and can change the FOV.

If you want to use the WindowCamera separately, you can use an "Empty" atom instead. Just move the "WindowCamera" to the "Empty" atom position (use the "Select Align To From Scene" button from the "Move" tab to do it in a second) and parent the "WindowCamera" to the "Empty" atom. You can un-parent the "WindowCamera" when you're done.
Excellent. Big plus indeed. I'll give it a try and update the guide with this. I've never really used or even known the purpose of the window camera but that makes sense. Thank you.

Another way you can do camride, the way I do it at least, is with Timeline and Embody both from AcidBubbles.

1. Add an Empty atom, add the Embody and Timeline plugin to it
2. Enable passenger in the Embody plugin, in here make sure "Lock Position" is checked and if you want to block the user from being able to turn the camera themselves then check "Lock Rotation" too. This way the camera will always look directly where it is pointed, which is the direction of the blue arrow when moving it around.
3. In Timeline, add the 'control' node from the Empty atom. Now you can animate movement and rotation of the Empty atom to act as your camera.

Another way you can do camride, the way I do it at least, is with Timeline and Embody both from AcidBubbles.

1. Add an Empty atom, add the Embody and Timeline plugin to it
2. Enable passenger in the Embody plugin, in here make sure "Lock Position" is checked and if you want to block the user from being able to turn the camera themselves then check "Lock Rotation" too. This way the camera will always look directly where it is pointed, which is the direction of the blue arrow when moving it around.
3. In Timeline, add the 'control' node from the Empty atom. Now you can animate movement and rotation of the Empty atom to act as your camera.
Sounds interesting. It had never occurred to me to try and Embody an Empty Atom. I'll have to experiment with that. Seems like that should eliminate the potential of getting out of wack with the intended cam ride view. Thanks for the suggestion.

First of all, thank you for this guide!
Personally, I use a "bug" in the game to have a camride. By changing the name of the windows camera to camride for example, then restarting Vam, I have two windows cameras (the one whose name I changed and a new one which appears with the name window camera). I use this method because it allows me to use the "show camera view in hud" to frame the way I want.
But I have the impression (to my knowledge) of being the only one to use this method so I wonder if this could pose a problem somewhere even if for my part, I have not noticed any particular problems.

First of all, thank you for this guide!
Personally, I use a "bug" in the game to have a camride. By changing the name of the windows camera to camride for example, then restarting Vam, I have two windows cameras (the one whose name I changed and a new one which appears with the name window camera). I use this method because it allows me to use the "show camera view in hud" to frame the way I want.
But I have the impression (to my knowledge) of being the only one to use this method so I wonder if this could pose a problem somewhere even if for my part, I have not noticed any particular problems.
Good idea. That seems safe enough, but I've always thought the window camera had a bigger purpose than what I'm aware of so I mostly leave it alone. I did accidentally add a second one to my latest scene and realized there's no delete option for them. Very strange. But as I'm typing this I'm thinking maybe I can add the extra one to subscene and delete that way.

Back
Top Bottom