High Performance Volume Light

Plugins High Performance Volume Light

PluginIdea

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
PluginIdea submitted a new resource:

High Performance Volume Lighting (Player Edition) - Provides VAM with a volume lighting technology with almost no performance loss, and supports VR!

(Important) Description of Player Edition:
The Player Edition has complete functions and does not affect the normal use effect. In other words, for example, a creator used this plug-in to create a scene for players to play. Players only need to download this Player Edition to experience all the effects brought by this plugin in the scene, without any additional operations. This is more convenient for creators to share. But if you need to customize the content...

Read more about this resource...

Excellent plugin!
I need to dig a bit more and test it out before reviewing, but awesome concept :)

I wanted also to add something about your release, and help you figuring out an actual adequate solution for your case, I quote :
Authorization of plug-in: except that decomplication and modification of the plug-in itself are prohibited, there are no restrictions on others. That is to say, as a creator or player, you can package, distribute and spread this plugin at will.

You cannot do that.

CC is perfectly clear about their licensing system :
You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.

In other terms, you can't press charges or try to prevent me from reverse engineering your content and remix it as long as I share it as BY-SA too.

I'm not telling that to be mean by the way! Just to help you figure out a proper license if you want to control how your content is used. If you want to be clear of any derivation, use CC BY-ND.

Ho also, on a side note... you cannot revoke licences ;)

Excellent plugin!
I need to dig a bit more and test it out before reviewing, but awesome concept :)

I wanted also to add something about your release, and help you figuring out an actual adequate solution for your case, I quote :

You cannot do that.

CC is perfectly clear about their licensing system :

In other terms, you can't press charges or try to prevent me from reverse engineering your content and remix it as long as I share it as BY-SA too.

I'm not telling that to be mean by the way! Just to help you figure out a proper license if you want to control how your content is used. If you want to be clear of any derivation, use CC BY-ND.

Ho also, on a side note... you cannot revoke licences ;)
Thank you for your corrections and suggestions. I will pay more attention to them later.

I have a few questions, which patreon tier do we need to subscribe to to unlock the Creator Edition? How the heck did you get 6 models dancing in VAM without a massive FPS hit? What plugin did you use to have camera movements up on the screens in the scene? T
hat looks amazing.

I have a few questions, which patreon tier do we need to subscribe to to unlock the Creator Edition? How the heck did you get 6 models dancing in VAM without a massive FPS hit? What plugin did you use to have camera movements up on the screens in the scene? T
hat looks amazing.
About six models dancing at the same time, this is not advanced technology: it is rendered through the RenderMovie plug-in, which means it is not real-time. Regarding the assets used in this video, I will post relevant quotes later. If you need to unlock Creator Edition. You need to subscribe to Pro VIP Patreon :) .

Ahoi!

This looks like apowerful tool I definitely want to dig in to bring our shows to a visually next level. However I am not quiet sure about the license though. So are we allowed to use this plugin in our shows generally and reference it?

Ahoi!

This looks like apowerful tool I definitely want to dig in to bring our shows to a visually next level. However I am not quiet sure about the license though. So are we allowed to use this plugin in our shows generally and reference it?
Yes, of course you can. :)

Last edited:
Yes, of course you can. :)

Hey again. Finally got some time to throw this plugin onto a light source. Well well, pretty dense plugin with a ton of possible options you`ve created there. Although really understandeable and I respect that, there are unfortunately no real options to play with unless the creator edition is unlocked.

So in conclusion sadly I can't use this in any of our shows since we depend on precise and in depth lighting adjustment. This plugin on default adds simply "too much" I can not regulate. Since I wasn't able basically to use the plugin like intended I won't write a review yet. maybe later if I umlock it for private purpose.

However I am glad you found a way for volumetric lighting in this VaM version haha! great archivement! As for the studio it seems we have to wait until VaM 2.X supports this natively.

Thanks for your PluginIdea anyway ;)

I noticed that the activation is coded to a client number in the plugin. Does this mean one can only have it on only one PC? I run VAM on 2 PCs, a laptop for basic scene editing and a higher performance desktop. Am I going to need to pay twice? What if something crashes and I need to reinstall windows or switch to a new hard drive? Sorry to keep bothering you but I just want to be sure of what is included in the $10.

I noticed that the activation is coded to a client number in the plugin. Does this mean one can only have it on only one PC? I run VAM on 2 PCs, a laptop for basic scene editing and a higher performance desktop. Am I going to need to pay twice? What if something crashes and I need to reinstall windows or switch to a new hard drive? Sorry to keep bothering you but I just want to be sure of what is included in the $10.
I understand your concern,but yes, An activation code corresponds to a personal computer. As long as you back up the generator certificate file according to instructions. Reinstalling the system or replacing the hard disk will not affect the activation status.
Plug-ins will continue to be updated, and then you will get these updates for free.

Last edited:
Which of your Tiers on Patreon is the creator version of this under? The 7 or the 10? Thank you for any info.

PluginIdea updated High Performance Volume Lighting (Free) with a new update entry:

Become free. Supports empty atoms.

1.At the request of supporters, The plug-in becomes free, and all unlocked items are removed.
2.Support for adding empty atoms (it is no longer necessary to add them to light atoms). Greatly improve the performance, even if you use a super large number of light pillars in the scene, it will not affect the performance.
3.Add additional edits to the shape of the light pillar.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I loaded it onto both a light and an empty atom and it does not show any light cone. It worked fine before I downloaded the update.

I have the same problem. I tried it on an empty and a light and it does nothing. There was some kind of error when loading saying not valid.
The first version worked fine.

I loaded it into the default scene and it works. I don't know why it didn't work in the other two scenes I tried. Maybe a conflict with skymagic or because I had used the previous version in them.
Great plugging either way!

I loaded it into the default scene and it works. I don't know why it didn't work in the other two scenes I tried. Maybe a conflict with skymagic or because I had used the previous version in them.
Great plugging either way!
Yea, Because the plug-in is loaded with custom resources, two different plug-in versions cannot be used in the same scene.

@razorTsax @Aminator
1.Because the plug-in loads custom resources. You cannot mix different versions of plug-ins in the same scene.
2.Try following the TroubleShooting on the introduction page.

Last edited:
Do you mean the light colume? :oops: If you mean this,Just adjust the alpha parameter.Although I think light column is the essence of volume light.

Yes. That makes it look very very ugly. Please make a option for it. THanks!

Yes. That makes it look very very ugly. Please make a option for it. THanks!
You can have many parameters to adjust it. light cloumn is the core of volume light. I'll add options later. However, if you think it's ugly, I think it's your parameters that aren't adjusted correctly. You can try more. The effect shown below is easy to achieve.
1671413555300.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom