Hero Powers 101 v1

Assets Hero Powers 101 v1

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
hazmhox submitted a new resource:

Hero Powers 101 v1 - A set of customizable particles dedicated to create "hero like" visual effects with CUA

A set of customizable particles dedicated to create hero-like visual effects with CUA (Custom Unity Asset)

View attachment 12150

Inside the package you will find a single asset to load on a Custom Unity Asset atom and a few scripts.
The particle assets contains different variations of powers that you can use on (or near) a character.

The name of the assets are splitted in 2 informations : type of power, variation number (editable is just a way for the script to now that it...

Read more about this resource...

hazmhox updated Hero Powers 101 v1 with a new update entry:

Big powers update

Here comes the first Hero Powers update.
  • 4 new powers :
    • Force field
    • Embers
    • Lighting
    • Mental Waves ( with 2 variations, on additive, one substractive )
  • New beautiful and animated smoke variation
  • Fixed all parenting issues... you can know parent your particles to a subscenes or any object and use the script.

Thank you to @Captain Varghoss for his beautiful Tara who is the highlight of the powers gallery this time...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi hazmhox,

Thanks for your great work! But could you double check your asset mental_waves_01_editable.prefab
In hero powers 101 v1? It is not working (no effect) in my VR mode ( but is working in desktop)

Other prefabs still work in my VR I believe, but you can double check.

Thank you!

Oh my! Thanks for the update, I made this sceen with multiple hero powers and it broke down, because of the parenting. Luckily after the update everything was fine again! I will be looking forward to see what has been added. I love the flexibility you have with these. I was thinking it would be cool with some of these effects if you could target a power to an atom of choice. So the effects will bend to the aimed target. Then you will have superfights in no time:)!

Awesome hazmhox!
1651092165.jpg

Hi hazmhox,

Thanks for your great work! But could you double check your asset mental_waves_01_editable.prefab
In hero powers 101 v1? It is not working (no effect) in my VR mode ( but is working in desktop)

Other prefabs still work in my VR I believe, but you can double check.

Thank you!

Jee! I never received this notification, sorry about that. I'll check it out... But I'm currently working on v2, so it will be implemented in an upgraded version. This one will be discontinued (still downloadable and usable, but I won't update it anymore).

Oh my! Thanks for the update, I made this sceen with multiple hero powers and it broke down, because of the parenting. Luckily after the update everything was fine again! I will be looking forward to see what has been added. I love the flexibility you have with these. I was thinking it would be cool with some of these effects if you could target a power to an atom of choice. So the effects will bend to the aimed target. Then you will have superfights in no time:)!

As I'm saying above, I'm working on V2.
What you suggest is somewhat complicated, until 202x, Unity had no solution to make "attractors". I would have to code a specific system that would update the particles in realtime to do that, and you would have to put a plugin on the target.

For the potential minimal use of a feature like that, I would not got that far :p
I prefer to bring more visual choices and features than this. But this is something that is fairly easy with 202x, and might be a potential feature for VaM 2.x

Hey Hazmhox, I love these assets, especially the customization. But I'm having an issue where I have the assets connected to a subscene and I have a set of triggers to modify the parameters, but when I load in a new session the plugin seems to disable itself reverting all the parameters back to zero. My triggers haven't broken, they are still pointed at the correct parameters but they won't function until 'Reload' the plugin manually. Sometimes I can reload the scene and the plugin will be functioning but never after first opening up VAM and loading the scene for the first time. Not sure if I am missing something or if there is an easy fix but I would really like to get this working consistently.

Edit: BTW I use your fluids asset all the time and as far as I can tell they similar in the fact that it is a CUA with an accompanying plugin. I have never had this issue with Fluids. I am using v1.2.

Hey mastermike!

Hero Powers is a bit old, I'm suspecting some kind of issue with subscenes.
The first launch of VaM feels like simply a memory thing. VaM shoots everything in memory the first time, takes a bit more time to load. And on next reload it's a bit faster so the plugin does not fail.

I'd hardly have the time at the moment to check that out. But I what I would suggest is drop the subscenes and use the assets in the main scene (and swap or on/off them accordingly to your scene flow).

That's the best I can suggest for now : )

( Subscenes are evil ;] )

That's the best I can suggest for now : )

( Subscenes are evil ;] )

Lol I agree, that is probably why I avoided them so long. I think I will move them to the main scene and only use subscenes for the enviroments I am creating. Swapping them on and off on load might be viable as well. I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for the response.

If you want a feedback on that, I have a huge scene still in the work (Djinn), with almost 1gig of assets compressed into the assetbundle.
Three different areas, everything (areas + all the assets) swaps on the fly with a on/off pretty much instantly and runs smooth af.

Back
Top Bottom