• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

headset reflecting in an assetbundle

m300

Reactions
Hi I'm using an assetbundle smartphone with a reflection on front but for some reason its also reflecting my headset as showed in image
does someone maybe knows how to remove it?
thanks.

Attachments

• 1650642462.jpg
    1650642462.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 0
What type of shader are you using for the smartphone ?
thank for replying!
shader? I downloaded this asset but I don't remember who created it.
I don't know much about thing like shaders and assetbundles that's why I'm asking you since you know better then me.
can I maybe share it with so you can look at it yourself?

Why not : )
Send me a link in private to a mega file or something like that.

@m300 Next time, you'll have to send my "Unity" files, not assetbundle... I had to rip the bundle to be able to check it out :]

It's a render to texture with a camera. It's not a reflection, it's a realtime capture. This is why you should test assets with a complete enviro and characters before posting on the forums : )

The phone itself shoot what's in front of it. I highly doubt you can fix that, because you would have to change the culling settings on the camera. And you can't change the culling masks without knowing the layers... and this is something meshed has never explained.

If you haven't understood what the asset does, the front version has the front camera active, the back... well... has the back camera active. Use the back version phone. And only use the front version if you're possessing a character.

There's not a lot you can do to fix that... besides removing the camera from the asset.

You _can_ use Embody and disable everything except Hide Geometry, and inside Hide geometry disable everything and it SHOULD only hide the "possessor" thing that's reflected! It's usually hiding this thing for possession purposes but it should also work in your case too, at least I think. And if your goal is to possess, you should use Embody too for that same reason :)

@m300 Next time, you'll have to send my "Unity" files, not assetbundle... I had to rip the bundle to be able to check it out :]

It's a render to texture with a camera. It's not a reflection, it's a realtime capture. This is why you should test assets with a complete enviro and characters before posting on the forums : )

The phone itself shoot what's in front of it. I highly doubt you can fix that, because you would have to change the culling settings on the camera. And you can't change the culling masks without knowing the layers... and this is something meshed has never explained.

If you haven't understood what the asset does, the front version has the front camera active, the back... well... has the back camera active. Use the back version phone. And only use the front version if you're possessing a character.

There's not a lot you can do to fix that... besides removing the camera from the asset.
thank you for explaining this to me although like I said before I didn't create this asset and I don't have much knowledge about it
but thank you for trying to help I really appreciate it!

You _can_ use Embody and disable everything except Hide Geometry, and inside Hide geometry disable everything and it SHOULD only hide the "possessor" thing that's reflected! It's usually hiding this thing for possession purposes but it should also work in your case too, at least I think. And if your goal is to possess, you should use Embody too for that same reason :)
I just downloaded embody, in possess the reflection disappear but comes back when I exit.
what do you mean by disabling everything how do I do that its my first time using this plugin so can you please explain what do I need to do because I want to remove the reflection in the normal view?
thanks.

Add Embody to a person atom and open the custom UI: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-embody/wiki/Home-screen

Then:
1. Untick everything except Hide Geometry,
2. Go to Configure Hide Geometry and untick all three options: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-embody/wiki/Hide-geometry
2. Tick the Active toggle in the top to enable Embody

Now Embody is not "global", so you'll have to add it every time. You can however save those settings as default: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-embody/wiki/Manage-Presets

And you can use JayJayWon's PluginAssist, or my Keybindings plugin to let you add specific plugins and active Embody using a single key press.

Add Embody to a person atom and open the custom UI: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-embody/wiki/Home-screen

Then:
1. Untick everything except Hide Geometry,
2. Go to Configure Hide Geometry and untick all three options: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-embody/wiki/Hide-geometry
2. Tick the Active toggle in the top to enable Embody

Now Embody is not "global", so you'll have to add it every time. You can however save those settings as default: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-embody/wiki/Manage-Presets

And you can use JayJayWon's PluginAssist, or my Keybindings plugin to let you add specific plugins and active Embody using a single key press.
you are a genius thank you so much you solved my problem!!:)
just one question is why the eyebrows disappear when I tick active?

Last edited:
I don't know, you might be using a model that has eyebrows as a decal? I think decals are not supported when I switch the shader...
the eyebrows are hair like on the head maybe its because I'm using eyebrows for female on a male?

I do have code that hides the eyebrows but I thought by ticking off the "Hide hair" toggle it would've worked, seems like that might be a minor bug!
no problem maybe when you have the time you can fix it
this plugin is amazing I wish I knew about it sooner thanks for creating it!

No problem! And I added this to my list! I'm working hard on Timeline 6, after I'll probably try and release my Walk plugin, then I have quite a list but if I do work on Embody I'll check this out :) Thanks for your understanding!

Back
Top Bottom