• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Gen2 base

Looks Gen2 base

Thanks for sharing this. I have been using Facegen mostly to create textures but it also creates a somewhat ok morph. That said when the morph is applied its pretty distorted, I have reset the look in Vam but its still off, I am curious what the "base" morph is that Facegen is using as a base or starting point, hoping this Gen2 base may help. Perhaps you know? If not no worry, Thanks for sharing.

hello, with pleasure. for facegen I don't know but the info must be lying around on the forum, I just know that the morphs he creates are reputed to be very approximate and must be retravilled in VAM to have a faithful match. This model allows me to obtain more faithful renderings of the morphs created in daz compared to the default model of VAM which I believe is rather a genesis 2 morph but not raw genesis

What is this actually doing other than clicking the morphs 'Default' all button in VAM?

Last edited:
I actually think that the basic Vam model is not THE initial genesis but a variant based on it. That being said I am absolutely no expert and my knowledge is limited to what I read mainly here and I simply created a morph in daz from the model loaded by default.
For zeroing the model in Vam , I'm talking about zeroed or default morphs and base expressions from the morph tab. I made this model and these conclusions by noticing that each model that I download in Vam gives a different "base".
The result is never perfect I grant it but I personally find it more my account than with the VAM model, so if it can be used for others it is with pleasure.
P.S : sorry for the google translate syntax , i'm french and i speak English badly .

I personally see several differences, not huge certainly. Or but eyes are not what they were....

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Did you include the morph in your VAR because I don't see it and it's not refererenced in your look?
Looking at the saved scene in notepad all it appears to do is reset some of the morphs that aren't reset when you click 'Default' all, such as labia, navel, etc.

I do agree that eyes are different in VAM to DAZ.
I believe this is due to the way VAM handles blinking. At resting state they are not in the same place as Daz.

I also agree that making a model in Daz and then loading it into VAM looks different and it can be frustrating, but other than eyelids, the actual model itself is the same as far as I can tell.

My understanding of why the models look different between VAM and Daz is due to the following:
VAM smoothing
Lighting
FOV and rendering differences
Maybe underlying physics engine affects vertices

Here's VAM vs DAZ in Blender with the same custom morph and everything else set to default
Green highlights where they differ and it's mostly due to comparing Tri's to Quads (Vam = tri's, Daz = Quads)

1671033990349.png

Last edited:
This is my very first VAR and it's possible I did something wrong. the creation of the package included the morph (.vmi and .vmb) and I added the morph taken out of daz in .dsf .
As for the difference in model, as I said all this is based on assumptions and personal feelings, maybe it's just an impression due to lighting, smoothing, material or other. ..
having very little knowledge of daz and genesis I'm not sure of anything.

If you download the var you've uploaded and then open it using 7Zip you can see what it includes.

The other looks you've recently uploaded have morph files, but this one doesn't so looks like something went wrong when you packaged it.

I think I just figured out why there is no morph, I did the three VARs as a result I got mixed up a bit. This model does not come from a morph creation in DAZ like the other two, it is the entire genesis 2 imported and packaged in VAR by an external program from the community (DAZtoVAR2).

Back
Top Bottom