• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Female to Futa Model Conversion Guide

Guides Female to Futa Model Conversion Guide

FireByrd

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
firebyrd
FireByrd submitted a new resource:

Female to Futa Model Conversion Guide - How to convert a female skin to a futa skin (with pictures!)

I have gotten a lot of value from other people's guides, so I thought I'd give back by making one of my own :)

1) You're going to want to go to the person you want to change and open the Male Morphs tab to start.
View attachment 51126

2) Select "Use Female Morphs on Male" in the top right.

3) Two options down, select Zero All. (This gets rid of any random morphs that might be applied that might unintentionally make a difference in how they look when you...

Read more about this resource...

I don't have the "G2 Male to Female Base Morph" & I have a lot futa looks. Think this morph is on a specific morph pack or something.
Hmm...

Last edited:
I don't have the "G2 Male to Female Base Morph" & I have a lot futa looks. Think this morph is on a specific morph pack or something. Share it!
Edit: You need money thrown at you to answer? :rolleyes:
Notably, I said I thought it was a feature of a number of models. I've updated the guide to account for that.

For the record, just because a morph exists doesn't mean it's immediately sharable, but I think this one is and so here's a link.

Finally, I didn't get a notification when your comment posted, so I just didn't see it. Nothing money-grubbing about it, lol

I keep getting error that it cannot load the morph. In which folder does it go? I place it on the morphs folder but still get error.

I keep getting error that it cannot load the morph. In which folder does it go? I place it on the morphs folder but still get error.

You need to put it in Vam>Custom>Atom>Person>Morphs>male

(Also, I'm not sure, but you might also need a .vmb file as well, which I've updated the link for in the main, but you can also find it here: https://mega.nz/folder/sTRB0YpZ#Geg3p2X5hdosM4N7V-9ALg)

Just a note,
You dont need any Custom morph.
The male to female morph is in VaM by default in male morphs tab called simply "G2female"

when i do all the steps on a custom female look, all the face and body sliders are gone and replaced with the futa skin. is there a way to convert without losing the base appearance ?

when i do all the steps on a custom female look, all the face and body sliders are gone and replaced with the futa skin. is there a way to convert without losing the base appearance ?

Sorry for the delayed response, I don't always catch notifications!

I'm not 100% sure I'm following your exact issue, but I'd say a few things that might clarify things for you:

1) If you switch the skin before you hit "Use Female Morphs on Male" it can look like all the slider info is thrown out, but it's just not visible until you check the "Use Female Morphs..." box
2) VaM has a quirk where it stores the last male morphs you used on any model, so that's why I suggest Zero-ing them all out before re-applying MVR_G2Female, that can also make it seem like female morphs were lost/overwritten
3) The "Futa" skins are actually barely modified male-base characters, so if the model you're trying to convert has Diffuse/Normal textures as part of their look, that data is going to be lost in the switch. So, while a lot of models will look pretty similar when you convert them, not all of them will.

Hope that helps!

This guide only really works when using the default skins. If you're using custom skins, it won't work as the Futa models use Male UV maps, not Female UV maps, so if you just try to put the same textures on a male that you did on a female, you'll end up with a futa wearing the female texture nose as a mustache, and the nipple textures somewhere below the actual nipples on the body.

This guide only really works when using the default skins. If you're using custom skins, it won't work as the Futa models use Male UV maps, not Female UV maps, so if you just try to put the same textures on a male that you did on a female, you'll end up with a futa wearing the female texture nose as a mustache, and the nipple textures somewhere below the actual nipples on the body.

This. Is there a work around for this?

Not the timeliest response in the world on my part, lol, but you make a good point that isn't immediately obvious (especially for newer users) so I've added a bit of a disclaimer at the beginning. Thanks for the feedback!

Not the timeliest response in the world on my part, lol, but you make a good point that isn't immediately obvious (especially for newer users) so I've added a bit of a disclaimer at the beginning. Thanks for the feedback!
Yeah, I learned the hard way why I kept getting gaps in my textures.

Turns out that not only do the males and females have different UV maps, but even the different textures under the same gender category have different UV maps.

I kept having issues with textures not lining up when doing custom textures, and it turns out the UV maps I was relying on were the Base Male and Base Female respectively. So, if you were to start making a custom character, and using SnowSultan's seam guide, and you started from altering the default character that pops up when adding in a new character, you'd wind up with gaps

1644282711776.png

Yeah, I learned the hard way why I kept getting gaps in my textures.

Turns out that not only do the males and females have different UV maps, but even the different textures under the same gender category have different UV maps.

I kept having issues with textures not lining up when doing custom textures, and it turns out the UV maps I was relying on were the Base Male and Base Female respectively. So, if you were to start making a custom character, and using SnowSultan's seam guide, and you started from altering the default character that pops up when adding in a new character, you'd wind up with gaps
I started messing around with textures before Sultan's seam guide existed, so I ended up DIY-ing a much rougher version of same, trying to figure out where the edges of things came together, lol
orientation-examples.png

I didn't know about the different-uvs-for-different-skins thing. Seeing that the Olympia one isn't perfectly symmetrical makes me feel a lot less crazy in retrospect, lol

I started messing around with textures before Sultan's seam guide existed, so I ended up DIY-ing a much rougher version of same, trying to figure out where the edges of things came together, lol
View attachment 95842

I didn't know about the different-uvs-for-different-skins thing. Seeing that the Olympia one isn't perfectly symmetrical makes me feel a lot less crazy in retrospect, lol
Yeah. I wish I knew about it a whole lot sooner. I remember noticing one time I tried to do a decal that was basically a genital tattoo, and not only did the UV map not line up but there was even distortion on the part that should have just been a straight line

I'll throw more fuel on this fire. One way to convert the G2 female textures to G2 male textures is in DAZ Studio. There's a built in feature called the Map Transfer Utility that does this. I've been trying to do a futa conversion on Monique6, because she's magnificent. The head, torso and limbs came out fine. The problem I have is at the interface between the gens and the torso. The seam guides for the torso do not show where the genital texture connects. I made a gen texture, but the seam is terrible. One problem seems to be that Vam wants all the texture files to be 4096x4096, even though the torso and gens are physically different sizes. I tried using a native Daz Studio G2M texture, and the seams and geometries on the gens did not line up with the texture. Fixing it to 4Kx4K addressed that, but the seam across the abdomen is a PITA. Is there a seam guide that shows this seam?

The scale issue is a nasty one too. Because both textures are 4Kx4K, they won't line up at the right scale. As I mentioned, they are physically different sizes. If I knew what that scale factor was between the torso and gens, I could enlarge the torso by that factor, then editing the gens texture would be easier.

Attachments

• 1653015667-Monique.jpg
    1653015667-Monique.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 0
Also, that cute Omri hair only seems to load with the female Monique look. It's not a separate item. I tried saving it, but it wouldn't load on the futa, or anybody else for that matter. Some short braids look OK, tho.

Correction: It loads on any female. It doesn't load on a male/futa. Daz has a separate Omri hair for G2M.

Attachments

• 1653015659-Monique.jpg
    1653015659-Monique.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I think I found the magic recipe. The scale factor appears to be 3:1. I started over with a dark texture I had previously painted over the pubic hair on. This makes it easier. Monique has a lot of fuzz! I use Paint Shop Pro, BTW. I took the initial gens texture I was trying to adapt to Monique. I pasted that as a new layer over the new torso texture, called Sanura. I scaled the gens down to 33%, aligned them and started painting with the clone brush. I did some painting and blending. Next, I copied that layer and pasted it as a new layer over the generic male gens texture. I scaled the new layer up 300%, and aligned that to the generic image as a template. The seam is now invisible. There is an area below the seam where it looks a little lighter. That's from the old repaint job done years ago. A little pubic hair masks that, if desired. She looks good to me with or without pubes.

Sanura is a very old texture, but I still like it. Sanura was for Victoria3. I converted it to V4 long ago and painted over the pubes. For this, I converted V4 to G2F, then to G2M for the futa.

Attachments

• 1653262300-Sanura-bare-crop.jpg
    1653262300-Sanura-bare-crop.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1653264438-Sanura-Pubes-crop.jpg
    1653264438-Sanura-Pubes-crop.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 0
I think I found the magic recipe. The scale factor appears to be 3:1. I started over with a dark texture I had previously painted over the pubic hair on. This makes it easier. Monique has a lot of fuzz! I use Paint Shop Pro, BTW. I took the initial gens texture I was trying to adapt to Monique. I pasted that as a new layer over the new torso texture, called Sanura. I scaled the gens down to 33%, aligned them and started painting with the clone brush. I did some painting and blending. Next, I copied that layer and pasted it as a new layer over the generic male gens texture. I scaled the new layer up 300%, and aligned that to the generic image as a template. The seam is now invisible. There is an area below the seam where it looks a little lighter. That's from the old repaint job done years ago. A little pubic hair masks that, if desired. She looks good to me with or without pubes.

Sanura is a very old texture, but I still like it. Sanura was for Victoria3. I converted it to V4 long ago and painted over the pubes. For this, I converted V4 to G2F, then to G2M for the futa.
How did u convert G2F to G2M with the Map Transfer in Daz? I only get the option to convert G2F to Victoria 5

How did u convert G2F to G2M with the Map Transfer in Daz? I only get the option to convert G2F to Victoria 5
In Daz Studio, you load a generic G2M and G2F into a scene. Working with the G2F, you can convert a V4 texture (what I was doing) using the product from Daz I listed here. If you already have a G2F texture, skip this step. You still might need to load up the G2F and save the skin settings as a texture preset. Then you apply the G2F texture preset to the G2M. It will not look right. On the G2M, you run the map transfer to change the G2F textures to G2M. Then you should have actual G2M textures that can be used on a futa in Vam.

In Daz Studio, you load a generic G2M and G2F into a scene. Working with the G2F, you can convert a V4 texture (what I was doing) using the product from Daz I listed here. If you already have a G2F texture, skip this step. You still might need to load up the G2F and save the skin settings as a texture preset. Then you apply the G2F texture preset to the G2M. It will not look right. On the G2M, you run the map transfer to change the G2F textures to G2M. Then you should have actual G2M textures that can be used on a futa in Vam.
Thanks for the help for the G2M to G2F conversion in Daz. I think I made a good custom genital Diffuse version of the skin I chose to convert (img 1 is org, img 2 is converted without genD, img 3 is converted with genD)

PS: I used Affinity Photo and the Diffuse Torso and Genital from WeebU Lara as Reference to get a better match for the genital area. I had to do some editing in the filter to get the corrected skin color, but I believe a did a good job.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-14 181043.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-14 181043.png
    332.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-06-14 181139.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-14 181139.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-06-14 181112.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-14 181112.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom