Question Facegen

Reactions
Facegen doesn't output genital skin textures, only face, torso and limbs. How do you create a genital skin texture that matches the other skin textures?

Depends, male or female? For female gens, there is an autogenerate feature on the skin textures page. You have to have a 4K x 4K torso texture to start. For darker skins, you have to play with the sliders till you get something that matches, then export it. Save the generated textures to the custom/atom/person/yourname/textures folder and use that instead of autogenerating each time. This is fairly easy.

For males, you have to whip out the Photoshop, or Substance Painter and go to town on the G2M gens template.

Upvote 0
I use Headshop, which is similar to facegen. I would never use a face texture derived from a photograph by such a program because whatever lighting that existed when the photo was taken gets baked into the skin texture. This can produce genuinely horrible results. It's better, IMO, to use the program to get you a face shape that's close, dial spin the rest of the way, and use an existing texture that's a good match.

Upvote 0
I use Headshop, which is similar to facegen. I would never use a face texture derived from a photograph by such a program because whatever lighting that existed when the photo was taken gets baked into the skin texture. This can produce genuinely horrible results. It's better, IMO, to use the program to get you a face shape that's close, dial spin the rest of the way, and use an existing texture that's a good match.
I completley agree BUT i do exactly what you suggest people dont , for good reason but you can use a simple programme like paint to remove lighting thats baked into textures from facegen . I do it and have good results , check out my work for proof. I will have to look into Headshop though as it will help alot .;)

Upvote 0
I have to add though , Facegen is NOT good for MALE looks with facial hair . Im doing a jason statham look not and its a right pain in the ass due to his beard which does not translate well in facegen , AT ALL LOL . Im used to it so with alot of effort i can work around it but AVOID males withs beards in Facegen ;)

Upvote 0
Ive looked at Headshop and it seems the same as facegen , creating the textures for you etc ? Also is it a Daz asset as ive deleted Daz from my pc as i didnt use it any longer ?

Upvote 0
Ive looked at Headshop and it seems the same as facegen , creating the textures for you etc ? Also is it a Daz asset as ive deleted Daz from my pc as i didnt use it any longer ?
Headshop is integrated with Daz Studio. It's by Abalone LLC. I let it do the face texture on one model. The area around the eyes and nose was decent, but because it blends the center of the face with a generic texture, it does not look good up close.

You're probably a lot better than I am at painting over photo issues...

Upvote 0
Facegen doesn't output genital skin textures, only face, torso and limbs.

There is a workaround: In Facegen you export face, limbs and torso files using the base VaM textures, then go into the folder where Facegen saved the jpg or png files, change the name of Torso to something else, go back into FG and change the Torso texture to a Gens texture, export that, go back into the folder and change the new torso file to gens, then go back and change the original torso file back to torso.

I didn't create this trick, others here on the forum came up with this workaround.

I was thinking about asking the FG developers to add a fourth template option we could use for gens which would make this much easier.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom