• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

epiLight (Lighting Rigs)

Other epiLight (Lighting Rigs) 2023-01-06

epi.noah

Featured Contributor
Reactions
epi.noah submitted a new resource:

EpiLight (Lighting Rigs) - Lighting rigs made with VR and photography in mind

What it is:
  • These are multiple lighting rigs for different performance levels.
  • They are designed to light the subject model in 360 degrees so that you can walk around in room scale.
  • They are designed to be color neutral.

How to install:
  • Open the zip file
  • Place the included var file in your AddonPackages folder under VAM.

How to use:
  • Add empty SubScene atom at the subject models feet (for the default scene, x=0, y=0, z=0).
  • Load one...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks man. But without the zip extension, I couldn't upload the file (at least bot it via Google Chrome). It kept opening the var file as if it was a folder :unsure: (waiting me to pick a file in there).

My first ever var package 😅

Last edited:
epi.noah updated EpiLight (Lighting Rigs) with a new update entry:

Brand new rigs, fixed var format, changed naming scheme

The file format is fixed, should be easy to download and install now.

New:
  • Epi.4Spots.1D.01
  • Epi.3Spots.1D.01
  • Epi.2Spots.1D.01
  • Epi.4Spots.1D.03*
  • Epi.3Spots.1D.02*
Renamed:
  • Epi.4Spots.1D.02
  • Epi.4Points.1D.01
  • Epi.3Points.1D.01
  • Epi.3Points.01
The new Epi.4Spots.1D.01:

View attachment 35387

The new Epi.4Spots.1D.03:
View attachment 35388

The new Epi.3Spots.1D.01:
View attachment 35389

The new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you so much for sharing your light rigs, Epi.
A suggestion: rename your package to Epi.EpiLight_LightingRigs.1.var without the .zip extension

Rookie mistake. Took the VAR file from Vam\AddonPackagesBuilder, instead of Vam\AddonPackages, like I should. Fixed today, thanks again.

new rigs just for photography

View attachment 36094

• Epi.4P.4S.1D.01
  • Epi.4P.4S.1D.02
  • Epi.4P.4S.1D.03
  • Epi.4P.4S.1D.04

These new rigs are heavy. Avoid using them in a scene. Try them out for photography if you want something between the 4-spot rigs and the 4-point rig. They light the environment well yet still emphasize the model in the center.

oo many lights for real-time use with today’s GPUs, performance would suffer unless you're on the desktop, you have a fast GPU and there's...

New presets for high performance room scale VR

These two new preset (Epi.3Spots.1C and Epi.3Spots.1D, Epi.3Spots.1D viewed here in the shots) are not for photography but for room scale VR. They are designed for one goal: Best performance in a room scale VR scene where the subject can be viewed from every angle and the lighting would still look believable.
View attachment 39857

Only 3 spotlights are used. They are far enough from the subject in the middle so that she is well lit even if she moves around.
[ATTACH...

I think i have missed out a lot up till today when i found this resource. Thanks)

New sets & a demo scene

• Added a new set that covers a wider area, still designed for 360-degree roomscale VR.
  • Simplified down to 8 sets. (Kept the old ones for legacy support)
  • Created a new naming scheme allowing the rigs to work better with merge loads.*
  • Added a demo scene.
  • I'd use numbers 3, 4, or 5 depending on the scene, and change Y rotation to get an angle that better fits the scene.

* With the new scheme, if you want to change the lights in a scene, you need to clear the...

epi.noah updated epiLight (Lighting Rigs) with a new update entry:

New demo scene, new rigs

The "4SpotsWide" preset covers a wide area and should work with most scenes out of the box.

If you want to use a smaller number of lights to improve performance, link the epiLight subscene's position to the main character's chestControl. That way, even if she walks an infinite distance and you only use 2 spotlights, she will be well-lit 360 degrees. A demo scene with this method is now included.

View attachment 176936...

New demo scene, new rigs

The "4SpotsWide" preset covers a wide area and should work with most scenes out-of-the-box. If you want to use a smaller number of lights to improve performance, link the epiLight SubScene's position to the main character's chestControl. That way, even if she walks an infinite distance and you only use 2 spotlights, she will be well-lit 360 degrees. A demo scene with this method is included.

View attachment 176968

The animation by KittyMocap in the walking demo scene is CC...

Abdomen, chest, and head versions. An additional 2-spot rig.

1. There is a new 2-spot solution (high performance). 4-spots are better quality but this Epi2SpotsB is less taxing on the GPU.
2. All 10 setups have corresponding "chest" versions. Place it on the chest (around 1400 Y position), lock it's position to the chest and it just works.
3. All 10 setups have corresponding "head" versions. Place it on the head (around 1730 Y position), lock it's position to the chest and it just works.
4. All 10 setups have corresponding "abdomen" versions. Place it...

New rig, demo videos

View attachment 180636

View attachment 180645

View attachment 180646

The first video uses 4 points wide (the new rig). The lights are fixed in place thus the environment doesn't get a variable amount of light depending on where she is, the prop shadows do not move when she moves. But this requires more GPU power. It's a new light rig designed for those who create...

Just updated from v8...
Small suggestion: Maybe consider removing Ponytail V3 from package (when finalizing), by default everyone should have it (v1.18+)

Tbh it sucks that loose content is not .var packaged, way too easy to create duplicates.
V3.jpg

Unless you changed it? To me it looks the same as original (in file size).

Totally normal behavior, if you don't include local references.
But it is vanilla content that most users have, so you can safely ignore warning and finalize package without it. ;)

New rigs, updated demo scenes

View attachment 183206

View attachment 183205

2 new rigs that aim to better light the character even when she moves out of the center. None of the 6 ladies in these screenshots is at the center, but they are still properly lit 360-degrees. It's a bit more demanding but as the physics performance is the bottleneck for VaM, it should work almost as fast as the previous rigs.

The demo scenes have better performance now and aim to still offer a better presentation...

Hello epi.noah! I love your plugin. But I'm in love with the look of the post. What it is?

Back
Top Bottom