• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question "Easy" way of walking animation while creating a scene?

Wolforano

Reactions
Heyho!

Currently I try to find an easy way to implement a walk of a person from point A to point B in a scene. Walking is something that I need in every of my scenes and it is never the same route of course.

I use timeline.

I thought of several ways, but so far none of it seems to be "easy":

1st: Using the tool "synthia" (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/synthia-original-by-vamdeluxe.2127/) and recording the walking animation from A to B at the specific point where I need it in timeline. Problem: When I animate stuff and I activate synthia, the person gets reloaded in the default spot, so I could not start a walking animation exactly at the point where the last animation stopped.

2nd: I tried to import walking animations from subscenes that were uploaded here (such as https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/walking-as-subscene.11216/), but its very clunky and not easy to copy two steps from that animation and paste it into my animation, while moving the whole position of the body to point B.

Does anybody have any advice or good habit how you implement walking in your scene?

thanks!

If you have the knowledge how to make a person walk the easy way, please, tell us. I think we all wanna know :LOL:

Upvote 0
As with most side projects, "whenever it's ready" I guess :) I currently have alpha versions working, you can see the progress and some videos in my Discord server, I hope to share some better videos on YouTube soon(ish). It's working right now though, it just doesn't look as good as I'd like.

Upvote 0
hey @Wolforano

I see you tried my subscene walking with animation patterns. It's meant to be used with another animation pattern to set a route, not with timeline, unless only with "control".
One example with a route is on the scene Summers fun > Breaking Dawn part 1.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Does anybody have any advice or good habit how you implement walking in your scene?
I use those animations. Import them and then add a Control target.
Start with those and then build up your animations, otherwise you'll have trouble on import.

That's what I use here to walk towards the bed, for instance:

Upvote 0
It would be great to have a plugin that let you click on a standing character wherever she is and then click on a target chair and it creates a natural looking animation of her walking to the chair and sitting down.

The hardest part for me is combining a walking in to a room animation with a sitting down animation. Usually I end up having to move walls and furniture around just to make it happen and it still looks awful.

Upvote 0
It would be great to have a plugin that let you click on a standing character wherever she is and then click on a target chair and it creates a natural looking animation of her walking to the chair and sitting down.

The hardest part for me is combining a walking in to a room animation with a sitting down animation. Usually I end up having to move walls and furniture around just to make it happen and it still looks awful.
This advice I got from @Acid Bubbles himself, in lieu of an actual plug-in feature. I'm paraphrasing as best I can and i did try this . 2 layers, in one you have the model essentially walking in place, like on a treadmill. In the other layer, move the model's control node. I found a really good walking animation on the hub, just grab one or make it, export the animation you want within timeline, and import in yours. You'll have to play with things to get it all to look right

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom