Digital Humans Studio

piedro023

Reactions
Hello,

My name is Gibran Machaen, aka Piedro. I’m part of a group of artists known as Astarté, which focuses on the creation of Digital Humans.

The best way to exemplify our work is by introducing you to Serena, our digital actreess:

04 (2).jpg

02.png

serena 1.jpg

Our character's skin is ready for adult content if needed. We can send renders of this nature if requested.

Each member of the team has over 10 years of experience with 3D art. Our Digital Human generation skills cover the creation of anatomy, skin (both sculpted and painted), shading, lighting, and hand-tailored clothing.

If you are interested yo know more about us please contact us to piedro023@gmail.com

All the best,
P

Last edited:
I did some research. Gibran Machaen/Piedro023 appears to exist, although I could no traces of this Astarté group. The model looks nice, although nothing that can't be achieved in DAZ3D with Genesis 8 or 9. Even if all of this is legit, it means nothing. VAM does not support models of this detail (it supports Genesis 2 only), and has awful lighting (no fancy raytracing, either). You can be a 3D God all you like, you will never achieve this quality level in VAM.

Don't get me wrong, Piedro, your "Serena" looks amazing. Much better than this other... "Serena" from that recent TV-show. Can't believe they copied your design and butchered it

I did some research. Gibran Machaen/Piedro023 appears to exist, although I could no traces of this Astarté group. The model looks nice, although nothing that can't be achieved in DAZ3D with Genesis 8 or 9. Even if all of this is legit, it means nothing. VAM does not support models of this detail (it supports Genesis 2 only), and has awful lighting (no fancy raytracing, either). You can be a 3D God all you like, you will never achieve this quality level in VAM.

It's not completely true what you said. Afcourse VaM doesn't support any fancy technology like raytracing and afcourse VaM is using Genesis 2. But that doesn't mean VaM can't achieve high detailed scenery.

To be honest, the pictures Piedro23 posted doesn't look bad, but also not great. It looks to artificial and plastic, skin lacks in detail and in the third picture overused bloom effect. I do like the hands though, they look great. But the skin feels to glossy/plastic for me, but that's a main issue for me personally with Daz3d models. But overal, the pics Piedro posted aren't that bad. They are still better as the avarage rendered screens on Daz3d.

Here is a skin i've been using. It has all sort of details, like skin moles, birth marks, blood veins and many more things. This skin texture doesn't give me plastic feeling. I even added little hair to the body. Fully rendered in VaM. The only thing that Genesis 2 lacks in, is face expressions, those look very awful. But they are also kinda awful on Genesis 8 I have to say. Feels like their is no muscle structure which makes it feels artificial. And as for the lighting aspect, yes, it's true. But with some little puzzling and trying out, you can still get some amazing lighting in VaM. But it can only use up to 6 light sources at the same time. It also takes a large hit on your performance. If you are just making screenshots, like I do, then this isn't a issue. But if you want to create a rendered live scenery, especially in VR, then yes, this is a large issue especially in VR. Try to play below 30FPS in VR, instant motion sickness.... That's why the most scene's in VaM looks awful. They can look better, but then you need to have a very good machine.

Daz3D works also completely different.

Zoom in on the picture (it's 9600x5400) and see all the small details. I forgot the name of the person who made this texture. But you can download it from the VaM hub.

Livia.jpg

If you want to see more, or any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
It's not completely true what you said. Afcourse VaM doesn't support any fancy technology like raytracing and afcourse VaM is using Genesis 2. But that doesn't mean VaM can't achieve high detailed scenery.

To be honest, the pictures Piedro23 posted doesn't look bad, but also not great. It looks to artificial and plastic, skin lacks in detail and in the third picture overused bloom effect. I do like the hands though, they look great. But the skin feels to glossy/plastic for me, but that's a main issue for me personally with Daz3d models. But overal, the pics Piedro posted aren't that bad. They are still better as the avarage rendered screens on Daz3d.

Here is a skin i've been using. It has all sort of details, like skin moles, birth marks, blood veins and many more things. This skin texture doesn't give me plastic feeling. I even added little hair to the body. Fully rendered in VaM. The only thing that Genesis 2 lacks in, is face expressions, those look very awful. But they are also kinda awful on Genesis 8 I have to say. Feels like their is no muscle structure which makes it feels artificial. And as for the lighting aspect, yes, it's true. But with some little puzzling and trying out, you can still get some amazing lighting in VaM. But it can only use up to 6 light sources at the same time. It also takes a large hit on your performance. If you are just making screenshots, like I do, then this isn't a issue. But if you want to create a rendered live scenery, especially in VR, then yes, this is a large issue especially in VR. Try to play below 30FPS in VR, instant motion sickness.... That's why the most scene's in VaM looks awful. They can look better, but then you need to have a very good machine.

Daz3D works also completely different.

Zoom in on the picture (it's 9600x5400) and see all the small details. I forgot the name of the person who made this texture. But you can download it from the VaM hub.

View attachment 200034

If you want to see more, or any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Nothing you've written or shown has convinced me that my original assertions are not truthful.

"...although nothing that can't be achieved in DAZ3D with Genesis 8 or 9."
I'm an artist in Genesis 8 myself and have achieved plenty of renders of similar quality level.

"Even if all of this is legit, it means nothing. VAM does not support models of this detail (it supports Genesis 2 only)..."
Fact, VAM uses Genesis 2, which is inferior to Genesis 8. If it wasn't, explain to me why VAM 2.0 would be upgrading to Genesis 8?

"...and has awful lighting (no fancy raytracing, either)."
Fact. VAM is a real-time engine, like used in video games. Anyone who believes the lighting in VAM is on the level of say, Iray, Cycles or Evee is, sorry to say, severely delusional.

Last edited:
Nothing you've written or shown has convinced me that my original assertions are not truthful.

"...although nothing that can't be achieved in DAZ3D with Genesis 8 or 9."
I'm an artist in Genesis 8 myself and have achieved plenty of renders of similar quality level.

"Even if all of this is legit, it means nothing. VAM does not support models of this detail (it supports Genesis 2 only)..."
Fact, VAM uses Genesis 2, which is inferior to Genesis 8. If it wasn't, explain to me why VAM 2.0 would be upgrading to Genesis 8?

"...and has awful lighting (no fancy raytracing, either)."
Fact. VAM is a real-time engine, like used in video games. Anyone who believes the lighting in VAM is on the level of say, Iray, Cycles or Evee is, sorry to say, severely delusional.

Why are you making up things to win a discussion? Where did I say that VaM lighting is on the same level as for example Daz3d with raytracing. I even agreed with you. Sorry to say, but perhaps you need to read my text again. Instead of making up things that haven't been said. Simple as that.

And second, didn't I said that Gensis 8 has for example better face expressions. Which I also confirmed that Genesis 8 is superior. Didn't I?

The only thing I said that you still can make high quality imaging while using VaM with Gensis 2. I also said that many models on DaZ3D also looks way to plastic and glossy which feels to me to artificial.

But does that mean I dislike every DaZ3d model or say that VaM is better. No, VaM with Genesis 2 gives for me better skin textures as DaZ3D. You wanna know why? Easier to use and above all almost completely free. And many cheaper DAZ3D skins I don't like, which is to plastic for me. DAZ3D has some amazing skin textures, but they are way to expensive for just to play with it.

You talk like VaM only deliver shitty quality. Seems like you got irritated about my opinion. Why if I may ask? And why do you make up things?

And afcourse VaM 2 uses Genesis 8, I hope even a upgrade to Genesis 9. And I really hope I can use the same textures as what I'm using on Genesis 2.

I'm just saying that you shouldn't underestimate other software or older models. What you do with that, is up to you. But don't make up stuff that hasn't been said, in fact I even said exactly the opposite as what you claim that I have said.

Last edited:
"Why are you making up things to win a discussion?"

The only one who insisted on starting this "discussion" is you, Toonen. I suddenly remembered why I had you blocked.

"Where did I say that VaM lighting is on the same level as for example Daz3d with raytracing."

Don't know, where did you? I never said that you did. I said: "anyone who believes the lighting in VAM is on the level of say, Iray, Cycles or Evee is, sorry to say, severely delusional." "Anyone" doesn't exclusively apply to you, so why do you feel like I was talking about you?

"...instead of making up things that haven't been said."

You're being paranoid. One might say: delusional.

"I also said that many models on DaZ3D also looks way to plastic and glossy which feels to me to artificial."

Sorry to say this, but that's not DAZ's fault. It's the artist's fault. -You- have control of every layer of the materials, you have control of every aspect of the lighting. If it looks plasticky, you either made a bad texture (or if you don't make your own models like Piedro does, you probably bought said bad texture), you used bad lighting, a setting is wrong (like excess glossiness), or a combination of all of those.

"You wanna know why? Easier to use and above all almost completely free."

Right, but you realize your own inability to comprehend more complex software isn't a proper argument against said software, right? And "I'm too cheap to buy the superior models, therefore the models are bad" is a really poor argument? What a self-own.

"Why are you making up things to win a discussion?"

The only one who insisted on starting this "discussion" is you, Toonen. I suddenly remembered why I had you blocked.

"Where did I say that VaM lighting is on the same level as for example Daz3d with raytracing."

Don't know, where did you? I never said that you did. I said: "anyone who believes the lighting in VAM is on the level of say, Iray, Cycles or Evee is, sorry to say, severely delusional." "Anyone" doesn't exclusively apply to you, so why do you feel like I was talking about you?

"...instead of making up things that haven't been said."

You're being paranoid. One might say: delusional.

"I also said that many models on DaZ3D also looks way to plastic and glossy which feels to me to artificial."

Sorry to say this, but that's not DAZ's fault. It's the artist's fault. -You- have control of every layer of the materials, you have control of every aspect of the lighting. If it looks plasticky, you either made a bad texture (or if you don't make your own models like Piedro does, you probably bought said bad texture), you used bad lighting, a setting is wrong (like excess glossiness), or a combination of all of those.

"You wanna know why? Easier to use and above all almost completely free."

Right, but you realize your own inability to comprehend more complex software isn't a proper argument against said software, right? And "I'm too cheap to buy the superior models, therefore the models are bad" is a really poor argument? What a self-own.

Okay, let me phrase it this way. If I didn't said that VaM hasn't a good lighting as for example DAZ3D but you can still make amazing scenery than why would you respond directly in a quote with "...and has awful lighting (no fancy raytracing, either). Fact. VAM is a real-time engine, like used in video games. Anyone who believes the lighting in VAM is on the level of say, Iray, Cycles or Evee is, sorry to say, severely delusional."

And like I said again, and I keep saying it. I don't like the many textures people use on DAZ3D models. And if you want to have good skin textures, than you would pay insane a lot of money for it. I have more bills to pay and education to pay, so you think I could just go on a buying spree, for just a small hobby I have? And you call me "what a self-own." I also never said it's DAZ3D fault. But I just don't like what the most people are using. What a prejudices again.

Stop talking in a manipulative way.

If you blocked me, than you was also the guy from last time who said that people gave a adult game negative reviews for being a adult game, right? While people where just posting reviews of how bad the performance was. I even gave you proof, and yet you went going on and going on about it and even start to complain my "text of walls".

You type in a manipulative way I have to say. You also type in a way that you can see it as a attack, while you can say "no it's not". There is no reason to give a quote like that, if someone agreed with you with the lighting. No reason at all, unless you feel irritated or want to make a 'fool' out of someone. And in this case directly at me.

So sure, go ahead call me "paranoid" or "delusional" all you want. I never attacked you personally, never. I even agreed with you at some points. And than you start to throw with those words, and even try to talk in a manipulative way.

I'm done with this discussion, what you do with it, is your choice.

En ik zie ook dat je van België bent, hoe grappig is dat dan. :ROFLMAO: (translation, I can see that you are from Belgium, how funny is that) in our language. It's very great to meet a person with the same native language that talks to me like that.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to make this thread live. I got some useful intel, so that's a win for me.

Even if this isn't the best place to find the right kind of customers, we never know who is watching. "Don't leave no Stone unturned" I believe it depicts what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom