DependencyViewer

Plugins DependencyViewer

This seems like it would be supremely useful, if I could get it to work. However, even with the latest version almost everything shows up as [MISSING][NOTFOUND]. I've tried the current scene (a locally created and saved custom scene), as well as unmodified scenes straight from the Hub (ex. WasserChan's Quiet Girl) , all with the same results.

I cracked open the var and inspected the plugin's code, and I think I see what's likely happening. It appears to be hard coded to only look for vars directly in the AddonPackages folder. However, VAM supports an arbitrarily deep folder structure within that, and I've created subfolders within it, one for each creator. That's likely why it's not locating the licensing information in my use case. To fix it would likely require adding some folder recursion anywhere you're trawling for vars.

Last edited:
This seems like it would be supremely useful, if I could get it to work. However, even with the latest version almost everything shows up as [MISSING][NOTFOUND]. I've tried the current scene (a locally created and saved custom scene), as well as unmodified scenes straight from the Hub (ex. WasserChan's Quiet Girl) , all with the same results.

I cracked open the var and inspected the plugin's code, and I think I see what's likely happening. It appears to be hard coded to only look for vars directly in the AddonPackages folder. However, VAM supports an arbitrarily deep folder structure within that, and I've created subfolders within it, one for each creator. That's likely why it's not locating the licensing information in my use case. To fix it would likely require adding some folder recursion anywhere you're trawling for vars.
Yes same issue here, I think he mentioned something to do with using only the current version and not updated version of vars to scan? Either way until this is fixed not very usable yet, but good work so far!

I love this plugin and use it a lot. But maybe a idea (if it's possible). I have a lot of scenes and addonpackages so my vam is extremly slow. I want to install a clean vam but loading a old scene it is carbage because al the addonpackages are gone. Is it possible to make the viewer so that it also can scan files on the pc so it can use my old addonpackages to find what is needed.

Back
Top Bottom