Question Delete Stock Vars from Scene Browser?

virtamater

Reactions
Ive been wondering if there was a shortcut to this. I know If you created a scene and decide to delete it, You can delete it from within the scene browser very easily.. just click the delete button ;) Why is this option not on other Var files though?? . I wish that option was available for all vars. It is slightly tedious to look up the file, remember the file name and creator or write it down, close VaM, go into the add on package folder to find it and then delete it from there. Has someone already fixed this in a plug in?

Similar question to yours:

The scene browser shows scenes, and a VAR with a scene might have more things than just the scene worthwhile keeping. If you could delete the VAR with the shown scene from the scene browser, you'd also lose all else in that VAR, potentially a bigger problem. And of course there could be several scenes in a VAR, these would also be gone.
I guess that more problems would come out of this functionality than the convenience it could bring, and you'd still have many VARs of dependencies without scenes that would stay untouched.

Currently you can either hide the scenes in the scene browser, delete them from inside the VAR, or use the file view option to see the scenes you have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is a bit of a shortcut. If you have the scene open, you can open the package manager and press "Select current scene package". This opens the var in package manager, and you can delete it.

1654269566667.png

The other option would be to click the gear next to the scene name in the menu and check "hide". Nothing will be deleted, but you wont see it in your menu any more unless you have "show hidden" selected.
1654269772857.png

Upvote 0
:) lol. To be honest... I like the pictures the broswer provides cuz 99% of the time my brain is kinda dumb ;) I suppose I should pay attention to the names of these files. Yes.. I have like 1400 files already hidden ;)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom