• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Contex Menu System (Undo/Redo)(VR&Desktop)

Plugins Contex Menu System (Undo/Redo)(VR&Desktop)

I'm unable to make it work in VR. When pressing the joysticks of the index controller, nothing happens. Am I missing something? I added the plugin and the input server in the session plugin, and it works fine in desktop mode.

I'm unable to make it work in VR. When pressing the joysticks of the index controller, nothing happens. Am I missing something? I added the plugin and the input server in the session plugin, and it works fine in desktop mode.
What vr device are you using?
Have you tried bind the "Thumb Stick" event to "GrabNavigate"?I have added it in the description of plug-in.
1669632457943.png

Have you tried restarting the game?
Yeah, restarted game and still same error :unsure:

!> Exception during LoadJSON: System.Exception: JSON Parse: Quotation marks seems to be messed up.
at SimpleJSON.JSONNode.Parse (System.String aJSON) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimpleJSON.JSON.Parse (System.String aJSON) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SuperController.LoadJSON (System.String saveName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Yeah, restarted game and still same error :unsure:

!> Exception during LoadJSON: System.Exception: JSON Parse: Quotation marks seems to be messed up.
at SimpleJSON.JSONNode.Parse (System.String aJSON) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimpleJSON.JSON.Parse (System.String aJSON) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SuperController.LoadJSON (System.String saveName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
This error can be ignored.Will not affect the plug-in function.But I will try to eliminate this problem in the future.

Hi, I'm using the HTC vive.
I did what you said, now the left hand works, but the right one don't.
It seems that this problem has indeed been encountered by several players,They also use vive devices.I will try to solve this problem. But I don't have htc vive in my hand.Maybe my next update will solve this problem.
The temporary solution is to use one-handed mode. means that you only need one handle to complete all the operations.So before this problem is completely solved,I suggest using one-handed mode.That is to say, all operations are done with the left hand.For details, please refer to the instructions.
1669704869151.png

another idea during my game play> disable right click menu in paly mode active in edit mode. sounds ez to reach?

What would be great also is that when in VR, the mouse works also as in desktop mode, so we can use both VR controllers and mouse. for the moment, I have to choose desktop mode to use the mouse

Thanks for the feedback, I will try to find out why.
Any clues to this? I've uninstalled and reinstalled this many times and still have never been able to summon up the right controller menu. Now when I switch to left or right hand only, the menu doesn't appear at all. It's still useful for quickly getting submenus, but I've never been able to use the duplicate feature or some of the others in the sub-menu. Were some of the features stripped for the premium version? I'm guessing it works well on PC, but something like this is especially useful for VR so I'm sad I can't get it to work. I also periodically still have the yellow dot appearing and not disappearing despite deselecting outline when hoved, but an uninstall and reinstall of the plugin helped. The only thing I haven't tried yet is using it as a scene instead of session plugin, but based on the descriptions, I don't think it's meant to be used that way.

Edit: Today, after updating VAM and clearing my cache, I finally got this to work somewhat. It only seems to work on some scenes though. I tried it on several and sometimes I'd get what I assume is the right hand menu when I looked at the little yellow dot and sometimes the dot wouldn't be there and I'd only have the scene menu to use, but still only on the left hand. Right click has never worked. I really so want this to work because it's an amazing contribution, especially for the duplicate feature, but sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't. I'm wondering if there's a plugin that may occasionally conflict or if it's something else, but if it's ever fully functional, I will definitely subscribe to your patreon in gratitude.

Last edited:
Any clues to this? I've uninstalled and reinstalled this many times and still have never been able to summon up the right controller menu. Now when I switch to left or right hand only, the menu doesn't appear at all. It's still useful for quickly getting submenus, but I've never been able to use the duplicate feature or some of the others in the sub-menu. Were some of the features stripped for the premium version? I'm guessing it works well on PC, but something like this is especially useful for VR so I'm sad I can't get it to work. I also periodically still have the yellow dot appearing and not disappearing despite deselecting outline when hoved, but an uninstall and reinstall of the plugin helped. The only thing I haven't tried yet is using it as a scene instead of session plugin, but based on the descriptions, I don't think it's meant to be used that way.

Edit: Today, after updating VAM and clearing my cache, I finally got this to work somewhat. It only seems to work on some scenes though. I tried it on several and sometimes I'd get what I assume is the right hand menu when I looked at the little yellow dot and sometimes the dot wouldn't be there and I'd only have the scene menu to use, but still only on the left hand. Right click has never worked. I really so want this to work because it's an amazing contribution, especially for the duplicate feature, but sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't. I'm wondering if there's a plugin that may occasionally conflict or if it's something else, but if it's ever fully functional, I will definitely subscribe to your patreon in gratitude.
I still need time for this problem.From the feedback of many users, it seems that it is mainly related to vr devices.But I only have quest2 on hand, so I need someone to help me test it.So I need time. But it's certainly not because it's not the full version.

I still need time for this problem.From the feedback of many users, it seems that it is mainly related to vr devices.But I only have quest2 on hand, so I need someone to help me test it.So I need time. But it's certainly not because it's not the full version.
Okay, glad to know. I also have a Quest 2.

PluginIdea updated Contex Menu System(Free) with a new update entry:

A big package of very useful new features. Recommended upgrade.

1.Support scaling UI to adapt to different resolutions.
2.Support the text prompt of the current object.
3.Support to quickly set the aspect ratio of the game
and the aspect ratio of WindowCamera.
(The game UI size will be automatically adapted)
4.Support one-click dressing/undressing.
5.Support copy and paste of rotation and position of atoms
(more attributes will be added in the future).This is useful for organizing atoms.
6.Supports copying atom object...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is interesting, and when I have time I will give it a try. However, I do not use desktop very often.

Could a "How to install" be added to the description? i'm having trouble.

i loaded " Pluginidea.VamInputServer.1 (.dll file) size: 2.6 kb " in the plug in sessions, and then i set it as new default. Restarted and nothing seems to have happened.

When i click on the loaded plug in, there is no submenu on the session plugin and i don't get a menu when i right click an abject.

i loaded " Pluginidea.VamInputServer.1 (.dll file) size: 2.6 kb " in the plug in sessions, and then i set it as new default. Restarted and nothing seems to have happened.

When i click on the loaded plug in, there is no submenu on the session plugin and i don't get a menu when i right click an abject.
Please read the plug-in page instructions.

Maybe the meaning of my plug-in introduction is not clear.I've made adjustments.

How to install :
Add "contexMenuSystem.cslist" as SessionPlugin, All Done.

If used in VR, Extra loading VamInputServer.cslist as Session Plugin。

Please read the plug-in page instructions.

Maybe the meaning of my plug-in introduction is not clear.I've made adjustments.

How to install :
Add "contexMenuSystem.cslist" as SessionPlugin, All Done.

If used in VR, Extra loading VamInputServer.cslist as Session Plugin。

'Add "contexMenuSystem.cslist" as SessionPlugin, All Done.'

I think i found the issue, for some reason i did not receive that file. The *in-game* browser for VAMhub only delivers the one file "vaminputserver.1.dll" , and only lists one file as the contents. At least for me.

If you access the VAMhub/plugin page through a web browser like firefox ,and you click "download", it gives you the option to download 2 files, both "contexMenuSystem.cslist" and "Pluginidea.VamInputServer.1.dll". (i got the .cslist file just now.)

I varified this by comparing the date and time for both files, and they are hours apart between when i got the .dll file from the in-game VAMhub portal, and when i got the.cslist file just now through a web browser. There are no duplicates.

------

it looks like i was having problems because i only received the one file so i just assumed that was what i was supposed to work with.

I wonder if other people are having this issue? Maybe there could be a note at the top to tell people there should be two files - and if you only receive one, then then get the other through a web browser.

Thanks for responding Pluginidea, and for the great plug in! the duplicate option is a massive boost :)

This little menu system is nice. Not sure it helps me get things done quicker. I use VR. Anyways, what I would think would be cool, is to use this menu system a communication device, I click the two buttons it pops up with things to say, ex. Hi there sweetie, Hey bitch, etc. Then She Reponses by talking, by using sound files. Have a separate folder for files to respond for each selection, that is randomly chosen. With the RTlip plugin, it should work. we could put in our own sound bites if we want. IDK, I am not a coder. Even rudimentary, it should still be pretty cool, and if it is already out, please point me to it. I am sure everything is already been done, to make this happen. Thanks. The menu could even trigger animations, poses and actions, as well. I just hate going into the VAM menu system.

In VR, I press the stick and it opens the menu, but how do I close it? If I press it again, it just opens the menu somewhere else

Last edited:
PluginIdea updated Contex Menu System(Free) (VR&Desktop) with a new update entry:

Completely solve the problem of unexpected pop-up of menu. Duplicate function optimization.

1. The unexpected pop-up of the menu should have been completely solved. Sensitivity adjustment is also provided (default is recommended usually).
View attachment 210221
Mouse Move Trigger Sensitivity : The larger the value, the higher the sensitivity.
Mouse Hold Trigger Sensitivity : The smaller the value, the higher the sensitivity.

2. Duplicate function optimization.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom