• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Contex Menu System (Undo/Redo)(VR&Desktop)

Plugins Contex Menu System (Undo/Redo)(VR&Desktop) 1.42

I just created the weirdest thing by accident using the "duplicate" function -> A curve of 5 AnimationSteps, but with three AnimationPatterns, that can each drive a different target atom along the same curve. Targeted each of the AniPatterns to a different capsule, used a ValueRelay-LogicBrick on a UISlider to create three different CurrentTime values, each with an 0.5sec offset & now I have a "train" of capsules moving along one and the same curve ...

😂
😂I have realized that the current "duplicate" has some defects and lack of functions. I have perfected it in Beta5. Will be released soon.

😂I have realized that the current "duplicate" has some defects and lack of functions. I have perfected it in Beta5. Will be released soon.

Don't you DARE "fixing" this -> I've been looking to port the "walker"-functionality from this Unity-project into VaM. Your plugin accidentally created smth similar with two clicks!
;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, I will try to find out why.

Do you know how to edit the bindings for Occulus-Touch controllers? (OcculusXR runtime, not SteamVR).
1) Could you show me how?
2) If you look into the Thumbstick-click - it's usually bound to "switch Axis" (which is a misnomer - actually switches bindings for left & right controller). Maybe have the plugin automatically switch this to "Grab Navigation", so it doesn't mess with the layout?

Do you know how to edit the bindings for Occulus-Touch controllers? (OcculusXR runtime, not SteamVR).
1) Could you show me how?
2) If you look into the Thumbstick-click - it's usually bound to "switch Axis" (which is a misnomer - actually switches bindings for left & right controller). Maybe have the plugin automatically switch this to "Grab Navigation", so it doesn't mess with the layout?
It seems so. Because the handle of steamvr is used in steamvr, there will also be mismatched event bindings.If it can switch automatically, it can really solve these problems.

Yeah, got the same problem as VAMic Novelist - only the left Thumbstick activates a menu (the one that was activated previously - either scene or system). Weirdly, I can somethimes switch from system to scene menu (and vice versa) if I press the left stick long enough & the pointer-ray is pointing away from any atoms.

Already set "Thumbstick press" to "Grab Navigation" rather than "Switch Axis" (Wich would switch left & right controller bindings), but no joy.

Using a Quest 1 with the OcculusXR runtime & VirtualDesktop, no SteamVR.

P.S.: Mind you, could also be my shitty ancient Touch controllers - they drift like crazy, too. I know the problem is a spring under the sticks has gotten tired, so the stick sensors tend to go in and out of alignment, which makes them drift & the thumbstick "touch" appears to fire randomly. Have to fix that someday, but it's a hell of a tedious procedure.

P.P.S.: Other than that, you're a God, you know that? This is so fsking AWESOME!
Highly recommend some WD-40 Contact cleaner (not regular wd40, but wd40 Contact Cleaner specifically) to fix this. It worked wonders for me after several other failed methods. Also @SPQR has a plugin to correct drift which worked well enough for me until I got the contact cleaner and at least made them usable. I'm sure you've seen these videos, but I figured I'd mention it just in case.

Thanks for the feedback, I will try to find out why.
1667455972.jpg

This is the green highlight of everything I mentioned. I'm guessing it was just pre-selecting an entire CUA, but I hadn't given any inputs. Removing the input server plugin from my session plugins fixed it.

PluginIdea updated Contex Menu System(Beta) with a new update entry:

Super Useful Features : Scene atom selection, quickly open the plug-in page, outline optimization

1. The menu group for selecting scene atoms has been added to the system menu. As shown in the figure, atoms will be classified according to the type of atoms, and selecting scene atoms no longer requires tedious operations and is more organized.
View attachment 173715
2. Added a menu to jump to the specified plug-in of the current atom. This will save you a lot of time!
View attachment 173716
3. According to the feedback, two additional items were...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update. The green highlight issue isn't a problem anymore, but I'm still not getting a menu when I press the right analog stick in. Left works fine and very smoothly with a lot of great features, but the right does nothing.

Edit: I think I spoke a bit too soon. I now see that the automatic highlighting of any CUA in the scene is happening when you save these as default session presets. When I used the updated version yesterday, I had no issues so I added them to my default Session Presets and now when I start up VAM, there's a green highlight around every CUA whether I select it or even open the menu. It's easy to remedy by just not saving it as a default, but obviously this would be a great plugin to have at startup. Is there something I need to toggle on my end? This is a great plugin so I'm definitely excited to use it in its full form.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. The green highlight issue isn't a problem anymore, but I'm still not getting a menu when I press the right analog stick in. Left works fine and very smoothly with a lot of great features, but the right does nothing.

Edit: I think I spoke a bit too soon. I now see that the automatic highlighting of any CUA in the scene is happening when you save these as default session presets. When I used the updated version yesterday, I had no issues so I added them to my default Session Presets and now when I start up VAM, there's a green highlight around every CUA whether I select it or even open the menu. It's easy to remedy by just not saving it as a default, but obviously this would be a great plugin to have at startup. Is there something I need to toggle on my end? This is a great plugin so I'm definitely excited to use it in its full form.
The first question:Have you tried bind the "Thumb Stick" event to "GrabNavigate"?I have added it in the description of plug-in.
1668124045109.png

Your attempt is very important, which can help me determine whether this problem is solved. Because players often use different VR devices.

Problems with the outline:
I'll check this question again, and another thing to confirm is:It's just that CUA will do this?

In addition, in the current situation, you can consider turning off the outline option in the plugin settings.I provided this function from the beginning.Then save as the default preset.

The first question:Have you tried bind the "Thumb Stick" event to "GrabNavigate"?I have added it in the description of plug-in.
View attachment 174929
Your attempt is very important, which can help me determine whether this problem is solved. Because players often use different VR devices.

Problems with the outline:
I'll check this question again, and another thing to confirm is:It's just that CUA will do this?

In addition, in the current situation, you can consider turning off the outline option in the plugin settings.I provided this function from the beginning.Then save as the default preset.
I will check again this evening. I use a Quest 2 so that menu is unfamiliar to me. I'll mess around with my settings and see if anything changes.

As far as the outline issue, it's just CUAs, but when I restarted VAM later, I noticed it comes and goes. Will try again with the update and report back.

Can I suggest adding a quick shortcuts for ''Pose Presets'' and ''Appearance Presets'' in quick shortcuts tab? These two are heavily used always

I will check again this evening. I use a Quest 2 so that menu is unfamiliar to me. I'll mess around with my settings and see if anything changes.

As far as the outline issue, it's just CUAs, but when I restarted VAM later, I noticed it comes and goes. Will try again with the update and report back.
@PluginIdea I tried again last night and there was nothing in my settings that allowed me to do anything to get the menu working. Something weird I noticed: Sometimes, and it's not clear when, if you click the left stick enough times, some of the person atom options like clothing, duplicate, etc show up. In fact, you get a different menu altogether, which I assume is the scene menu. I tried replicating it, but it seemed to just happen at random when the regular VAM menu was open. Right controller tap still giving nothing unfortunately. The outline was easy enough to toggle off, but it's probably an important note that before taking any screenshot or video you have to change settings. Even handicapped, this plugin is a game changer. I really hope whatever is going on with the right stick can be fixed and I'm curious if other VR users on Quest are also experiencing it.

PluginIdea updated Contex Menu System(Free) with a new update entry:

The first official edition, lots of new features and improvements.

New features:

Common to VR and desktop mode.

1. Add plug-in command menu group: directly call up plug-in events, such as Embody, through the menu, and start the possession mode with one click.

View attachment 179722
2. Add add plug-in menu group: add plug-ins to atoms directly through the scene menu, saving a series of tedious operations.
View attachment 179723
3. Add three-view menu group: quickly switch atomic three views...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In the latest 1.0 version,I changed a new marking method.Compared with the original way of bounding box,It has a better look and feel.I believe this is no longer a problem :) .

@PluginIdea I tried again last night and there was nothing in my settings that allowed me to do anything to get the menu working. Something weird I noticed: Sometimes, and it's not clear when, if you click the left stick enough times, some of the person atom options like clothing, duplicate, etc show up. In fact, you get a different menu altogether, which I assume is the scene menu. I tried replicating it, but it seemed to just happen at random when the regular VAM menu was open. Right controller tap still giving nothing unfortunately. The outline was easy enough to toggle off, but it's probably an important note that before taking any screenshot or video you have to change settings. Even handicapped, this plugin is a game changer. I really hope whatever is going on with the right stick can be fixed and I'm curious if other VR users on Quest are also experiencing it.
1.In response to the first question,I added a shortcut to switch outline(using keybinding plug-in).At the same time, I use a new marking method.
2.The problem with the right rocker.I haven't figured out the reason yet.But I added one-handed operation mode in the new version.This means that you only need one handle to complete all the operations.So before this problem is completely solved,I suggest using one-handed mode.That is to say, all operations are done with the left hand.For details, please refer to the instructions.
1669418444542.png

This looks great! I'll try and check it out soon, but I was curious, you said it could be integrated with other plugins, to provide menus I imagine? Is it possible right now, and if so did you document how it works? I'll try and integrate Timeline and Embody in it if it's the case, I'm sure being able to right-click, posses for example would be appreciated.
In the new version 1.0,Commands actively injected by other plug-ins are not supported yet. But now I have supported an active calling method. Therefore, it is universal for all plug-ins.
As you can see. The way to add it is simple: you only need the plug-in to provide a JsonStorableAction.
1669428154022.png

what if i dont wanna use chinese menu ?
I don't quite understand your needs.At present, the language of plug-ins is determined according to the system language.Maybe I will join free language switching in the future.So the current solution is:You can switch your system language to English.

Back
Top Bottom