• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Contex Menu System (Undo/Redo)(VR&Desktop)

Plugins Contex Menu System (Undo/Redo)(VR&Desktop) 1.42

PluginIdea

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
PluginIdea submitted a new resource:

Contex Menu System(Beta) - Provide powerful context menu support for VAM

I am a game plug-in and tool development fanatic. I spent a lot of time and energy on this. My goal has always been to provide more possibilities for gamers! If you agree with my efforts, welcome to my Patreon and support me:)

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you added a context menu to VAM? It seems that many tedious operations will be simplified instantly? Now...

Read more about this resource...

I do not know what I am doing wrong, but I only have the copy-paste-delete menu 😩
also, the "open scene" section is repeated in the system menu

Attachments

• 2022-10-11 131637.png
    2022-10-11 131637.png
    418 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022-10-11 131655.png
    2022-10-11 131655.png
    146 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022-10-11 131749.png
    2022-10-11 131749.png
    307.5 KB · Views: 0
I do not know what I am doing wrong, but I only have the copy-paste-delete menu 😩
also, the "open scene" section is repeated in the system menu
Same for me. I have no options in the plugin setting itself. Any idea whats wrong?

Same for me. I have no options in the plugin setting itself. Any idea whats wrong?
same for me as well, I looked at the youtube video for the other plugins being used but I can't find the Matcap one.

But even not fully functional this plugin is amazing.

same for me as well, I looked at the youtube video for the other plugins being used but I can't find the Matcap one.

But even not fully functional this plugin is amazing.
Forgive my carelessness, I uploaded the wrong plug-in package. Now I have updated it and should work. Matcap plugin and some other plug-ins are on my Patreon page :) .

Can you provide the specific incompatibility?
In desktop mode.. with a scene open.. open browser assist from the user interface (F1 then U then click browser assist). Browser assist interface opens over scene.
Right click is used to mark a scene as (Hide/Favorite/New). Context menu opens @ same time. I hope this is clear, I could not get a screen cap.

In desktop mode.. with a scene open.. open browser assist from the user interface (F1 then U then click browser assist). Browser assist interface opens over scene.
Right click is used to mark a scene as (Hide/Favorite/New). Context menu opens @ same time. I hope this is clear, I could not get a screen cap.
got it. thanks for your feedback. next update will fix it :) .

First off - thank you for making this and sharing it with the community. I’m very excited to see where it goes. I do have some feedback.

I’m working on a scene where the environment is built using large and detailed CUAs, so when the plug-in is enabled, most of the scene becomes outlined.
A setting in the plug-in that would have it ignore specific sub scenes or “hidden” atoms would be awesome.

(I’ll try to attach a screenshot in a bit)

And for real, thank you for making this and sharing it. You’re great :)

PluginIdea updated Contex Menu System(Beta) with a new update entry:

Large number of new features

1. Fix the support for sub-scenes, and now atoms can be correctly selected in sub-scenes.
2.Added a new Independent menu for Person. You need to use keybinding to add custom shortcut keys to trigger.
View attachment 164922
3. Can now distinguish the collision between the Controller and the object itself. Additional menu groups of PositionConstrain and RotationConstraint have been added for Controller. You may use it often.
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This looks great! I'll try and check it out soon, but I was curious, you said it could be integrated with other plugins, to provide menus I imagine? Is it possible right now, and if so did you document how it works? I'll try and integrate Timeline and Embody in it if it's the case, I'm sure being able to right-click, posses for example would be appreciated.

This looks great! I'll try and check it out soon, but I was curious, you said it could be integrated with other plugins, to provide menus I imagine? Is it possible right now, and if so did you document how it works? I'll try and integrate Timeline and Embody in it if it's the case, I'm sure being able to right-click, posses for example would be appreciated.
Thanks! but not support it yet. it's in my plan.
It can be expected that it would be exciting to provide support for other plug-ins.
At present, the framework of the plug-in is still not fully determined, and it will take some time.
If it supports, I will inform you at the first time:), And provide documentation..

Last edited:
A nice feature would be to be able to change the context menu button / key. I often accidentally open the context menu when I'm using the right mouse button for panning / orbiting.

A nice feature would be to be able to change the context menu button / key. I often accidentally open the context menu when I'm using the right mouse button for panning / orbiting.
got it,I will add a switch to control whether to turn on the right mouse button. In addition,beta3 Custom shortcut keys are supported, you can open the context menu by customizing the keys.. See the update instructions :) .

Last edited:
PluginIdea updated Contex Menu System(Beta) with a new update entry:

VRMode supported!

This version provides almost perfect support for VR mode!

Note :
You may notice that the file package has become a Zip package. This is not a mistake, but now the plugin has two components.
View attachment 171606
As shown above, in order to enhance the input control of VR (there are some restrictions in VAM), I introduced the package VamInputServer.var It is also very simple to use. It is directly set to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I love this plugin for what it does and it's incredibly needed in VAM. I only have two small issues. The right controller menu doesn't come up in VR. No problem getting the left controller menu to appear, but pressing R3 does nothing. I tried changing the settings for the type of scene menu and still no right controller menu. Also, once you toggle the menu on there's no way to turn it off without selecting something. It seems like a right controller click should turn it on or off. The biggest issue besides these two is that in VR objects are highlighted green presumably so you can select them more easily, but sometimes this also leads to the green highlighting showing up in screenshot attempts or weirdly right in front of your eyes obstructing your view. I'm not sure what's causing that. Amazing plugin, but it seems the VR version has some issues still or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Yeah, got the same problem as VAMic Novelist - only the left Thumbstick activates a menu (the one that was activated previously - either scene or system). Weirdly, I can somethimes switch from system to scene menu (and vice versa) if I press the left stick long enough & the pointer-ray is pointing away from any atoms.

Already set "Thumbstick press" to "Grab Navigation" rather than "Switch Axis" (Wich would switch left & right controller bindings), but no joy.

Using a Quest 1 with the OcculusXR runtime & VirtualDesktop, no SteamVR.

P.S.: Mind you, could also be my shitty ancient Touch controllers - they drift like crazy, too. I know the problem is a spring under the sticks has gotten tired, so the stick sensors tend to go in and out of alignment, which makes them drift & the thumbstick "touch" appears to fire randomly. Have to fix that someday, but it's a hell of a tedious procedure.

P.P.S.: Other than that, you're a God, you know that? This is so fsking AWESOME!

Last edited:
I just created the weirdest thing by accident using the "duplicate" function -> A curve of 5 AnimationSteps, but with three AnimationPatterns, that can each drive a different target atom along the same curve. Targeted each of the AniPatterns to a different capsule, used a ValueRelay-LogicBrick on a UISlider to create three different CurrentTime values, each with an 0.5sec offset & now I have a "train" of capsules moving along one and the same curve ...

😂

I love this plugin for what it does and it's incredibly needed in VAM. I only have two small issues. The right controller menu doesn't come up in VR. No problem getting the left controller menu to appear, but pressing R3 does nothing. I tried changing the settings for the type of scene menu and still no right controller menu. Also, once you toggle the menu on there's no way to turn it off without selecting something. It seems like a right controller click should turn it on or off. The biggest issue besides these two is that in VR objects are highlighted green presumably so you can select them more easily, but sometimes this also leads to the green highlighting showing up in screenshot attempts or weirdly right in front of your eyes obstructing your view. I'm not sure what's causing that. Amazing plugin, but it seems the VR version has some issues still or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Thanks for the feedback, I will try to find out why.

Back
Top Bottom