Question Clothings tags

Khazar Milkers

Reactions
I'm a little confused about clothing tags. There are built in tags, I would like to delete them. Am I right in thinking the game doesn't have this ability?

I have this thing where I (rightfully) don't trust content creators to use a coherent system with the tags. I have over 100 pages of clothing, and I want to go over them all and tag them with my own system, so I can always find what I am looking for. If anyone knows of another tool that might help me, that would also be nice.

There are built in tags, I would like to delete them. Am I right in thinking the game doesn't have this ability?

I have this thing where I (rightfully) don't trust content creators to use a coherent system with the tags.
Tags are usually created with ingame clothing/hair creator when importing stuff (if creators pay attention to tags).
They are stored inside .vam files next to clothing/hair item (you can edit it with text editor, like notepad++)
location example: Custom/Clothing/Female/CreatorName/ClothingItem/xxx.vam (same with .var)
Code:
example clothing.vam:
{
   "itemType" : "ClothingFemale",
   "uid" : "CreatorXYZ:Shirt",
   "displayName" : "optionalName",
   "creatorName" : "CreatorXYZ",
   "tags" : "torso,shirt"
}

example hair.vam:
{
   "itemType" : "HairFemale",
   "uid" : "CreatorXYZ:Long",
   "displayName" : "UltraBlackLongStraightHair",
   "creatorName" : "CreatorXYZ",
   "tags" : "arms,face,full body,head,legs,torso,genital,ultra,female,black,XXL,nocurl,Creator,CreatorXYZ,XYZ,free,subme,subscribe,pateron,bus,dog,cat,randomBStag"
}
Inmo that requires too much work, since you need to
-extract each .var
-edit each .vam file for every clothing/hair item (to fit your personal sorting system)
-than delete original files/var
-keep new files as local or put back into .var format :rolleyes:

I think you should be able to simply edit .vam without need to run item through creator again (but not 100% sure on that one).

EDIT: on side note
Don't blame you for not trusting creators with tags.
When i created account on hub tags display limit count was around 400, now it's at 700+ and rising.
Like seriously? how many pointless tags can you add 😆
tags.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wait a minute. What screen are you in in that screenshot? I've never seen the secondary sort option. Also, does something like a clothing manager plugin or asset exist for VAM?

Edit: Another workaround I just thought of is to simply type your custom tags, and use a prefix. Then when searching for clothes, type the name of your own category you want to see. For example cstmpanties, cstmdress, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wait a minute. What screen are you in in that screenshot? I've never seen the secondary sort option. Also, does something like a clothing manager plugin or asset exist for VAM?
-it's just screenshoot of client hub tags (nothing related to your question)
-tbh i don't know about clothing manager plugin (stuff usually need to be refreshed once added/edited to showup)

maybe someone with more exp. inside clothing&tags department can share some light on this topic (since i gave you the most tedious way of editing tags)
maybe there is simple way

Upvote 0
In general the content management in VAM is a bit messy. It would help if favorites were available for clothes as well. Another thing that would help immensely would be to be able to change the name for everything only visually in-game, without changing the actual file name, so that it doesn't mess up references. I hope these things are added in 2.0.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom