Blaspheratus

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
patreon.com
Blaspheratus submitted a new resource:

BPRTS Lizardo the mutant - Mutant look

Another mutant look

View attachment 316025View attachment 316026View attachment 316027View attachment 316028View attachment 316029
View attachment 316030
View attachment 316031
I recommend changing the material color of the skin.

[URL...

Read more about this resource...

Hey there! Quick tip, just in case you're looking for feedback (if not, then please forgive me for the intrusion):

The normal maps that you export from Substance Painter (and, sometimes, those you generate with GIMP or Photoshop) are inverted. It's how the Materials work. So your scales end up being dips, instead of bumps:
1702908054195.png

I'm assuming that this isn't intentional - that the dark areas between the scales are not intended to be raised with the scales as depressions, and instead the scales are meant to be bumps?
If so, to fix this, all you have to do is put your normal maps into GIMP or PS, select only the red and/or green channel, and Invert the color.
Selecting only the Red channel in GIMP:
1702908312886.png

How do you know which channel/s to invert? Easy! Looking at your normal map, imagine that a green light is shining from the top left, and a red light is shining from the bottom right.
If a bump or dip is not reflecting the red or green appropriately for this, then that channel needs to be inverted. It might take some trial and error. In your case, only the green channel needs to be inverted to change this:
1702908939459.png

to this:

1702908979360.png

Check out the guide by the legendary Kemenate for a much better explanation than this!

I hope that's helpful! I love your creativity, keep up the good work. 😄

Hey there! Quick tip, just in case you're looking for feedback (if not, then please forgive me for the intrusion):

The normal maps that you export from Substance Painter (and, sometimes, those you generate with GIMP or Photoshop) are inverted. It's how the Materials work. So your scales end up being dips, instead of bumps:
View attachment 316047
I'm assuming that this isn't intentional - that the dark areas between the scales are not intended to be raised with the scales as depressions, and instead the scales are meant to be bumps?
If so, to fix this, all you have to do is put your normal maps into GIMP or PS, select only the red and/or green channel, and Invert the color.
Selecting only the Red channel in GIMP:
View attachment 316048

How do you know which channel/s to invert? Easy! Looking at your normal map, imagine that a green light is shining from the top left, and a red light is shining from the bottom right.
If a bump or dip is not reflecting the red or green appropriately for this, then that channel needs to be inverted. It might take some trial and error. In your case, only the green channel needs to be inverted to change this:
View attachment 316049

to this:

View attachment 316050

Check out the guide by the legendary Kemenate for a much better explanation than this!

I hope that's helpful! I love your creativity, keep up the good work. 😄
Feedback is always welcome
in a nutshell, in substance painter the project must be set up the normal map in OpenGL instead of DirectX.

1702922988742.png

1702923028230.png

I no longer have the project saved, now I have to do it manually :(.
In the course of the day I will make an update.

Thank you very much for the feedback

Back
Top Bottom