• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Blender/Substance Painter G2F Painting Template

Other Blender/Substance Painter G2F Painting Template 1

SupaRioAmateur

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Twitter
SupaRioAmateur
Patreon
SupaRioAmateur
SupaRioAmateur submitted a new resource:

Blender/Substance Painter G2F Painting Template - Blender/Substance Painter G2F Painting Template by SupaRioAmateur

Substance Painter recently added UDIM support, now you can paint across uv tile, still need a bit setup to actually paint. This SP template aim at give you a head start.
Blender Template included in the package as well, since it also very useful in certain scenario.
My personal opinion on those two software after painting in them lately are below.

Blender:
Pro:
  • Great with individual texture for fixing seams or...

Read more about this resource...

This is not true Con: Substance painter " Expensive software requires monthly payment ".
You can order PERPETUAL (license never expires!!!! + you are getting also 1Y free upgrades) license at Steam for 130Eur.
Adobe bought Allegorithmic, so I think, that this license will disappear soon...

Last edited:
This is a great help. Two questions.

How can I bring a G2F obj from VAM into your template. I want to paint on the non standard obj.?
Also have you figured out how to change the naming on the texture output files from SP? I always end up with the numbered (1 through 20) but they are difficult to guess which diffuse goes with which AO, Gloss or Normal?

This is a great help. Two questions.

How can I bring a G2F obj from VAM into your template. I want to paint on the non standard obj.?
Also have you figured out how to change the naming on the texture output files from SP? I always end up with the numbered (1 through 20) but they are difficult to guess which diffuse goes with which AO, Gloss or Normal?
@jillian
to the first point, you can use a function in vam to export current character as how she look(minors clothing and hair), with morphs and pose or just morphs, then you can hit this button. the catch here is the model you exported this way has all the g2f mat, which is not good for painting neither in blender nor in substance painter, blender will be slow with many mat, substance paint need to be setup for paint across udim. but if she is a well modifed model, this could be the way to go, you just needed to combine some mat in blender or other modeling program.
I am not sure what are you asking for the second question, but here is an screenshot of my export setting

This is not true Con: Substance painter " Expensive software requires monthly payment ".
You can order PERPETUAL (license never expires!!!! + you are getting also 1Y free upgrades) license at Steam for 130Eur.
Adobe bought Allegorithmic, so I think, that this license will disappear soon...
now I think about it is actually pretty cheap for what it can do, xd

@SupaRioAmateur Can you please please dwell more on the topic on how to import your own OBJ into the Substance Painter project? I know it's possible to exchange the mesh but it deletes all the layers and stuff so the project is no longer usable. What do you mean by "combining the mat"? I would really love to use SP as it allows me to project and paint over the seams.

@SupaRioAmateur Can you please please dwell more on the topic on how to import your own OBJ into the Substance Painter project? I know it's possible to exchange the mesh but it deletes all the layers and stuff so the project is no longer usable. What do you mean by "combining the mat"? I would really love to use SP as it allows me to project and paint over the seams.
g2f comes with 30 mats and you need to combine them into 4 and spread out the uv to different udim tiles. or SP refuse to work like a good girl. come talk to me on discord, I can show you via stream.

@jillian
to the first point, you can use a function in vam to export current character as how she look(minors clothing and hair), with morphs and pose or just morphs, then you can hit this button. the catch here is the model you exported this way has all the g2f mat, which is not good for painting neither in blender nor in substance painter, blender will be slow with many mat, substance paint need to be setup for paint across udim. but if she is a well modifed model, this could be the way to go, you just needed to combine some mat in blender or other modeling program.
I am not sure what are you asking for the second question, but here is an screenshot of my export setting
Thanks. Only way to apply VAM format textures is to do the UDIM conversion by group in Blender?
Also I do not get the ''vam specular glossiness' export setting appear when using your template. Is this supposed to appear automatically or do I need to set it?

Thanks. Only way to apply VAM format textures is to do the UDIM conversion by group in Blender?
Also I do not get the ''vam specular glossiness' export setting appear when using your template. Is this supposed to appear automatically or do I need to set it?

seems you are missing some key knowledge over texturing, better talk about it elsewhere, I generally dont check hub, and dont have time to compose large paragraph to explain.

bro plz make video how to import beck decal for vam..., thx before.. i add png but its not show on beck.

Back
Top Bottom