• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

BlancNoir

Paid Assets BlancNoir 3

Norm

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Norm submitted a new resource:

BlancNoir - Luxurious chalet-style room

Based on French hotels in Courchevel. High bed, animated and sounding fireplace, improvised random TV with sound. Replaceable view outside the window. Real reflective glass pane (optional). One-sided wall textures do not block the view. A lot of optimization work has been done.

THE SCENE INCLUDES:

Assets:
  • 8 pillows
  • 2 bedspreads
  • 2 magazines
  • 2 books
  • 2 boxes of chocolates
  • 2 decorative jugs
  • Vase...

Read more about this resource...

Sad to see you have been inactive. The noire, berlin, and train assets are some very nice period accurate assets. Any chance we can see a public release? Would be sad to lose these to obscurity.

Sad to see you have been inactive. The noire, berlin, and train assets are some very nice period accurate assets. Any chance we can see a public release? Would be sad to lose these to obscurity.
Maybe.
I will redo all the rooms, remove the lightmaps, and then think about what to do with them next, there is a good chance that I will publish them with free access.

Why remove them? Realtime lighting is stupidly expensive. It would be impossible to replace all the light sources with real lights and have a sane fps.

Why remove them? Realtime lighting is stupidly expensive. It would be impossible to replace all the light sources with real lights and have a sane fps.
I will leave the old versions of the rooms.
Besides, BlancNoir needs to be optimized, I still don't know how to raise FPS, what to donate.

Ahh..I was being more curious, why opt to remove the baked in lighting if that would require us to rely on realtime lights? is there a performance hit I am missing? is there a fps hit from just having light maps?

Ahh..I was being more curious, why opt to remove the baked in lighting if that would require us to rely on realtime lights? is there a performance hit I am missing? is there a fps hit from just having light maps?
I've decided to ditch the lightmap altogether and don't plan on doing baked lighting in the next rooms anymore.
The main reason is that in the realities of the current version of the game, the character looks detached from the environment, it is very difficult to adjust the lighting. The character will appear either too dark or too light against the surrounding background.
And it is impossible to make deep saturated shadows.
In addition, a room with a baked light is static, which means that it is impossible to open or close doors, it is impossible to move furniture, it is impossible to turn off a chandelier or sconce.
And I decided to pay attention to the NoStage3.UnityAssetVamifier plugin, it allows you to make a room that will be devoid of all those disadvantages listed above.
About performance.
Basically, FPS is affected by light sources, in this sense, nothing will change with a different approach to interior lighting.
Probably the NoStage3.UnityAssetVamifier plugin will require more resources than the baked light, but these are not critical values.
I have a weak PC, so I focus on fps primarily on my computer.
At the moment, FPS is low for me in BlancNoir, I can place one character there and take a screenshot, but I won’t be able to capture the video.
I'm not sure that after the alterations I will be able to capture video, but I can play with the character)