• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Black culture content

Masterom

Reactions
Patreon
Omaster
Hello, I am French of African origin, I find that African culture or even black Western culture is very poorly represented.
If you can enlighten me on this? I will be delighted, thank you

You specifically mean characters of Black / 'Color' / Exotic looks?

If so, there's actually a pretty good number of them around! Just browse the Looks category (Free, or Paid), browse the lists and you'll find them. Now, no it's true, it's not the content that is present in the highest amount per se; but there's some such very good looking characters. Also, do keep in mind that characters 'of color' are not actually named as such. What I mean is if you try to search for Black characters specifically, you will probably not find a lot, because if you type 'Black' in the search field it will usually not point at the actual name of the character whom happens to be Black.

Here's one random example I found quickly in the Free content category:

Her name is Crystal, which is what I mean. You wouldn't find her if you simply searched for " BLack Woman " for example.

Another example:

That's a known character from a game, but even then, you'd have to know her name first. Even the author isn't specifically using search 'tags' like "Black" or "African". So this is only to show you that you need to check the actual lists of content here, page by page.

Another example (last one):

So you really have to browse the lists and actually look at them (for both female and male characters).

Here is the direct link for searching Free content Looks:

Hope it helps!

I think it just boils down to there not being enough creators wanting to make these types of models. I don't think they have anything against making dark skinned models, maybe they just aren't thinking about it. I don't see anything wrong with this though, I think a creator should make what they want to make.

I'm from the US and of African decent as well and I see what you saying. I'm going to say some out of pocket stuff but for me I like dark skinned baddies with some ass and that look seems nowhere to be found here. Some modes just look like people of other nationalities with dark skin slapped on them.

Below are a couple custom models I tried making my own using a mixture of morphs mixture I've accumulated over time. It would be cool to see a better creators take on the "baddie" look. I use the "baddie" only because I can't think of any other way to describe it lol.

1678595487.jpg
1678596774.jpg

Thank you for your answers and examples, indeed I quickly got lost in a lot of scenes and content when we start here, there are so many things.
PS: Your two models are beautiful ;)

Hello, I am French of African origin, I find that African culture or even black Western culture is very poorly represented.
If you can enlighten me on this? I will be delighted, thank you

I am a clothing creator. Are there any examples of clothing you would like made? I would love to make some clothing from different parts of the world.

I am a clothing creator. Are there any examples of clothing you would like made? I would love to make some clothing from different parts of the world.
Thank you for your proposal, I don't really have an idea about culture, whether it's modern or traditional African, I'm surprised that Afro-American culture is so little represented.
It's no longer present on Daz 3d for example this creator https://www.sdebstore.com/
There is a lot of content on the sims 4 but we can't compare because a lot of users and creators.
I'm just surprised that if we're worth doing a black male model, we don't have any hairstyles or clothes available, but it's also a big lack of male content. Maybe it will come with time if more scenes are created with the 3rd person desktop version.

Definitely strongly agree. A lot of folks don't seem to take more than skin tone into account and skip other features when making black people. There's a hilarious "African features" morph that tries and is useful for correcting looks that do this, but it's a little too basic. There are other weird things too like tattoo textures etc only being made for white or light bodies. @PodFlower 3.0 is worth a look for making a lot of great women, but you have to sift past his g-bangers stuff. Being on VAM can be weird because it's a lot of buck and Venus fantasies among dwights, but that's everywhere in adult content, I guess.

The lack of male content is all over the 3D world. The bottom line is literally, the bottom line. Male content doesn't sell as well. In the Daz 3D forums, there is a thread dedicated to Black is Beautiful. You can browse that topic for more info on items made for Daz, and see some great static renders.

One thing I wish people would do is stop making dark skin characters by taking a fair skin texture and dialing the diffuse channel, or diffuse offset to make it dark all over. First, this washes out detail so the model looks "spray painted" as I call it. Second, the palms and soles are too dark if you do that. What we need are some more detailed dark textures that have lighter palms and soles. I've been trying to make some decals based on Riddler's skin 8 texture to preserve the palms and soles while making the rest darker, but it's tricky.

The lack of male content is all over the 3D world. The bottom line is literally, the bottom line. Male content doesn't sell as well. In the Daz 3D forums, there is a thread dedicated to Black is Beautiful. You can browse that topic for more info on items made for Daz, and see some great static renders.

One thing I wish people would do is stop making dark skin characters by taking a fair skin texture and dialing the diffuse channel, or diffuse offset to make it dark all over. First, this washes out detail so the model looks "spray painted" as I call it. Second, the palms and soles are too dark if you do that. What we need are some more detailed dark textures that have lighter palms and soles. I've been trying to make some decals based on Riddler's skin 8 texture to preserve the palms and soles while making the rest darker, but it's tricky.
That's actually pretty ez, just duplicate the image in gimp dial the color over and use alphas for the areas you want to stay the same or blend.

OP, erm glad to have you here, but erm... the point of vam is kindof you create stuff you want to see, its a high tier physics sandbox where you can somewhat easily make stuff.

Thank you for your proposal, I don't really have an idea about culture, whether it's modern or traditional African, I'm surprised that Afro-American culture is so little represented.
It's no longer present on Daz 3d for example this creator https://www.sdebstore.com/
There is a lot of content on the sims 4 but we can't compare because a lot of users and creators.
I'm just surprised that if we're worth doing a black male model, we don't have any hairstyles or clothes available, but it's also a big lack of male content. Maybe it will come with time if more scenes are created with the 3rd person desktop version.

Male content simply doesn't sell as well. I do make an effort to test my clothing on darker skin tones to make sure it looks okay, but I simply am un-aware of what sort of styles of clothing would be interesting. If you would like feel free to message me some reference images.

Male content simply doesn't sell as well. I do make an effort to test my clothing on darker skin tones to make sure it looks okay, but I simply am un-aware of what sort of styles of clothing would be interesting. If you would like feel free to message me some reference images.
For the moment it's ok! I'm still exploring the possibilities of VAM.
I understand male stuff doesn't sell, lot of scene are POV with a nude male.

One of the old jokes about Victoria 4 in Daz was, "They make clothes for V4? Why?" :ROFLMAO:

BTW, I've rediscovered an old V4 skin that ported well to G2F. I can use it in Vam for my own use, but not to post. It's Marie Elite. That was one of the best dark skins in Daz until Monique6 came out. This is my OC Sweetz with Marie's skin. I would need to clean all her dials to make her fit to post. Too many Daz dependencies. I usually use Riddler's skin8 on Sweetz.

Attachments

• 1678908361.jpg
    1678908361.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 0
Well I try to keep things mixed up and natural. I'm not very popular though maybe because it. It's a numbers game.
This is considered very niche in the community and doesn't make a lot of money.

But here's one of my latest. I have a voting system every week, where the 3rd week is dedicated to ethnic choices.
I try to keep things diverse with no kind left behind (big/small, Caucasian or ethnic) all preferences are welcomed.

1678975706754.jpeg

1676236936.jpg

1676188968.jpg

Thanks VAMic Novelis tor tagging me to the topic.

I posted my 1st model from Reunion Island (France) Part of the population is of African and South Asian origin, which gives a good mix.

I posted my 1st model from Reunion Island (France) Part of the population is of African and South Asian origin, which gives a good mix.

Great work! Always good to see new creators on the hub!

I think it just boils down to there not being enough creators wanting to make these types of models. I don't think they have anything against making dark skinned models, maybe they just aren't thinking about it. I don't see anything wrong with this though, I think a creator should make what they want to make.

I'm from the US and of African decent as well and I see what you saying. I'm going to say some out of pocket stuff but for me I like dark skinned baddies with some ass and that look seems nowhere to be found here. Some modes just look like people of other nationalities with dark skin slapped on them.

Below are a couple custom models I tried making my own using a mixture of morphs mixture I've accumulated over time. It would be cool to see a better creators take on the "baddie" look. I use the "baddie" only because I can't think of any other way to describe it lol.

View attachment 222261 View attachment 222262
These look beautiful, you should upload them.

Adding my two cents to this thread :
AMARAH_PROMO2.png

Last edited:
There isn't a big variety of textures available that could be used for free content (Still low compared to other textures). @Riddler has graced us with a new one recently which I haven't had a chance to check out yet but will eventually. @RenVR 's Tasha and the 2 sets from riddler are the only ones I'm familiar with that are free besides the built in ones or Ren's much older one. When making looks I try to use different textures as much as possible so that ends up dictating the ratio of what gets made to some extent.

1689716882.jpg

1697670203.jpg
1697865112.jpg

1697749098.jpg
1697865158.jpg

I'm trying to see if I can make a page dedicated to making models for us, but I have to see if it gets approved first.
Here are a couple of the models showing the direction I'm trying to head. On the left is an Ebony women and on the right is an Indian woman.
Some of my subscribers said I should name it around the lines of BlackRose, so I went with that. I've always wanted to head in this direction
but I don't know if there would be enough support. Well, we'll see. I plan on releasing Bosh there as a normal post when I finish her completely.

Edited: BlackRose was approved. So I will start contributing shortly.

Last edited:
No offense, but:
Why black creators don't create black models? Why do black users ask the (presumingly mostly non-white typo: I mean non-black) creators to do their work for them? If the majority of the creators are non-black, why are there so little black creators? That reminds me of "white" medicine, "white" cameras (with contrast ranges that favour white skin) etc. Just invent / create something and and stop wondering why others have done the work you were meant to do. Despite black girls might be very attractive I favour the caucasian and mongolian (japanese sub-) type, it's more fun to work with models you adore.

Just learn VAM / DAZ and create black models and we all will be very happy and most of us willing to help you.

And as I know that the usual "racist" slurs will try to target me: I already have ported 3-4 black males (not just black skin, but black morphs) from DAZ to VAM I can't share due to copyright.

It would never come to my mind to ask a japanese Manga artist why he don't put girls with... approbiate, western like noses into his comics.

Last edited:
Why black creators don't create black models? Why do black users ask the (presumingly mostly non-white) creators to do their work for them?
100% agree. If there's a lack of content and you want it, JUST DO IT!

I would love to see more "Beeyonze" type girls in here, I'm not really into really dark brown girls but that's just my type of taste.
I can understand that it's a little frustrating to not see the content you are asking for but seeing mostly white guys/girls in here is simply because mainly the users are white. Why? Because if Africa would be rich and the "western world" (really hate these terms) would be poor, most of the content in here would be from black folks.

AND the users are mostly male, so the models are mostly female, simple logic.

Don't ask people what they can do for you, ask yourself what you can do for the people.

Last edited:
concerning skins only:
Technically 'white' skins / bright texture do have one advantage that makes them usable more universal:
You can always make a bright texture darker with the 'Skin Color'-picker in the [Skin Materials 1]-tab.
But you cannot do the opposite.
Edit: Avoid this method btw. unless are okay with a quick and dirty lower quality skin.

I tend to save [Skin Presets] and re-use them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom