• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Best practice for packaging multiple scenes in one VAR

VamBlaster

Reactions
Hi,

So I have scene that consists of 3 episodes, each saved in their own scene JSON file. Would it make sense to package all 3 scenes into one VAR? Or would it be better to make one VAR for each episode/scene (3 total)?

There are some shared dependencies such as location but each episode is different with different poses, skyboxes, lighting, models, etc. How do you other creators handle this?

One thing I did notice is that if I prep one episode for VAR, and then manually add a second scene file (for episode 2), when I run the package prep it doesn't pick up the dependencies for the 2nd file/scene I added. So for now it looks I will need to do each seperate?

Normally it should work, not sure why it wouldn't pick up references from the 2nd scene (you must press "prepare" again if you added scenes after). There are no "right" way but I'd say, if it's a three parts scene (like, three related scenes either as part of a storyline or different poses with different actions from the same event), do a single var. But if they are really unrelated, you could go with three var files. But usually a single var is easier since you can also link between scenes (e.g. a main menu), separate vars will really be completely independent.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom