AshAuryn's Sexpressions (174 morphs) (Legacy)

Morphs AshAuryn's Sexpressions (174 morphs) (Legacy)

an3k

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
an3k
Do you recommend certain looks/characters/scenes in VAM where the expressions work the best?

Any more considerations which rules to follow or tips and tricks?

You can't just simply ask to ditch these old expressions morphs. They are in use by a lot old scenes & will continue to be used by new ones. Getting rid or changing something of them will break the scenes that depend on them. Hardly any of new scenes will use the new morphs do to them being paywall. & the free ones with like 3 or 4 morphs don't count.

Last edited:
Hello! Thanks for the awesome work, but I must point out that changing the folder structure of the morphs in this pack will definitely cause issues for the many scenes that depend this this file.

For example, an older scene with this reference:
AshAuryn.Sexpressions.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/AshAuryn/Sexpressions/AAsex_closedOH4.vmi

Will no longer be found, because the new structure (version 3) is:
AshAuryn.Sexpressions.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/ASHAURYN OFFICIAL/LEGACY/SEX/AAsex_closedOH4.vmi

To keep this older scenes working, maybe leave the structure of these older packs as is and continue with your new morph packs in the new structure?

Hello! Thanks for the awesome work, but I must point out that changing the folder structure of the morphs in this pack will definitely cause issues for the many scenes that depend this this file.

For example, an older scene with this reference:
AshAuryn.Sexpressions.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/AshAuryn/Sexpressions/AAsex_closedOH4.vmi

Will no longer be found, because the new structure (version 3) is:
AshAuryn.Sexpressions.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/ASHAURYN OFFICIAL/LEGACY/SEX/AAsex_closedOH4.vmi

To keep this older scenes working, maybe leave the structure of these older packs as is and continue with your new morph packs in the new structure?

After testing, the old scenes still work but need the old version (version 2) of Sexpressions to work.
Not sure if it would cause issues work with timeline or other plugins.

The update breaks some old scenes due to the fact that the name of the actual morphs has changed. You can still have the old var package but VAM will ignore it if it senses the new one. I renamed the version 2 VAR and now all the morphs show up again.

AshAuryn updated AshAuryn's Sexpressions (174 morphs) (Legacy) with a new update entry:

Fix for errors caused by Version 3 Update, as well as 288 new and updated morphs.

There are two packs in this release. The first reverses changes I made in version 3 that caused existing scenes to show error messages when they were unable to locate the morph files.

I have taken all 174 original expression morphs and updated them for 2023, keeping the version 3 naming scheme so that there won't be errors for anyone who downloaded the pack since that version.

In this var:

174 Original Legacy Morphs (errors fixed)
174 New morphs for 2023
114 "Plugin Friendly" Alternate...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AshAuryn Wow, awesome work and effort to put this together. I love the flexibility of the different morphs.
However there will still be issues with scenes/presets because the the old morphs are in a different folder in this var (ASHAURYN OFFICIAL instead of AshAuyrn), especially if users have disabled preload morphs on these morph pack vars.
I've moved the old morphs to the original folders to preserve functionality with older scenes re-packed this var, see attached.

Attachments

• AshAuryn.Sexpressions.4.var
    75.6 MB · Views: 0
I did not realize that moving the file folder structure would cause an issue. Thanks for the head's up and taking the time to provide the fix. I'll update the var.

I did not realize that moving the file folder structure would cause an issue. Thanks for the head's up and taking the time to provide the fix. I'll update the var.

Yes, unfortunately they need to be the same file name, morph name, and folder location for maximum backwards compatibility. Thanks again!

You can't just simply ask to ditch these old expressions morphs. They are in use by a lot old scenes & will continue to be used by new ones. Getting rid or changing something of them will break the scenes that depend on them. Hardly any of new scenes will use the new morphs do to them being paywall. & the free ones with like 3 or 4 morphs don't count.

Thank you for your input. I apologize for taking so long to address this issue. I have heard the community feedback and hope that the newest version (5) will provide the needed fixes and add additional new content that is not paywalled.

Back
Top Bottom