• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

AshAuryn's Expressions (72 morphs) (Legacy)

Morphs AshAuryn's Expressions (72 morphs) (Legacy) 5

an3k

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
an3k
an3k submitted a new resource:

AshAuryn's Expressions (43 morphs) - Predefined Expressions.

Expressions is a pack of 43 facial expression morphs for VaM. Preview image shows a random sample.

Expressions can be found in Pose Controls/Head/Expressions/AshAuryn

pDyRfKF.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Do you recommend certain looks/characters/scenes in VAM where the expressions work the best?

Any more considerations which rules to follow or tips and tricks?

After actually testing this, sadly I gonna have to revert to previous version (for all legacy packs).
At first folder sorting and pose grouping was fine, but I didn't noticed that you also changed morph IDs. :unsure:
After loading few scenes too much errors for missing morphs (because of different IDs).

one example:
!> Could not find morph by uid AshAuryn.Expressions.3:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/AshAuryn/Expressions/AshAuryn_worry2.vmi or name AA - Worry 2 referenced in save file

old version 2 ID = AA - Worry 2
new v3 ID = AA_L - Worry 2

Been using those morphs like forever, it would be a hassle fixing all scenes (after 2 years or so).
So I just gonna bumb old packages one version up to avoid update notification. ;)

EDIT:
It's your content, but you might wanna be careful when updating 2 year old stuff (with 700k+ total downloads).
You gonna break scenes for users that download new version and don't keep old one around.
If they decide to keep old version, they gonna have 2 sets of same morph.

Last edited:
I get an error saying.
!> Missing morph deltas file AddonPackages\AshAuryn.Expressions.3.var:\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female\ASHAURYN OFFICIAL\LEGACY\EXPRESSIONS\AshAuryn_pain1.vmb.

I think it's because "P" and "p" are different characters in "AshAuryn_pain1.vmi" and "AshAuryn_Pain1.vmb". I can correct the file names of the files I have on my own to match them, but I would appreciate it if you could unify them officially.

I'm sorry but you REALLY need to revert the ID changes of all your "legacy" morphs before scenes start using them. By changing the ID you are requiring us to have both the "old" versions and the "legacy" versions as well as your new "remastered" versions. Essentially you are requiring 3 versions of every morph, when it should just be 2. Old and New. You cannot just willy nilly change morph IDs without breaking everything that used them.

We're now forced to use the latest version of all your packs, as well as the version prior to that, to fix all the scenes that use them. So now we have even a bigger mess in VAM and hundreds of duplicate morphs - The biggest slowdown for VAM.

After actually testing this, sadly I gonna have to revert to previous version (for all legacy packs).
At first folder sorting and pose grouping was fine, but I didn't noticed that you also changed morph IDs. :unsure:
After loading few scenes too much errors for missing morphs (because of different IDs).

one example:
!> Could not find morph by uid AshAuryn.Expressions.3:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/AshAuryn/Expressions/AshAuryn_worry2.vmi or name AA - Worry 2 referenced in save file

Been using those morphs like forever, it would be a hassle fixing all scenes (after 2 years or so).
So I just gonna bumb old packages one version up to avoid update notification. ;)

EDIT:
It's your content, but you might wanna be careful when updating 2 year old stuff (with 700k+ total downloads).
You gonna break scenes for users that download new version and don't keep old one around.

Yes! Why wasn't this addressed weeks ago? Simply downgrading is not an option. You'll need to install both because most new scenes will be using the new updated version with the changed ID simply because it's the latest version.

Basically, the longest this goes unaddressed the bigger the issue becomes. They updated the pack without commenting on your post, so I assume they are aware of the problem and okay with this...?

It's okay to change the file paths inside the VAR but you cannot change morph IDs without breaking literally every scene that used your packs up until now.

Last edited:

one example:

EDIT:

This one slipped through the cracks, as did your posts in this discussion, which I missed. I have a similar issue with another legacy pack, and the challenge is fixing it without creating duplicate morphs for everyone. However, I think at this point there might be no other way. Thank you for (attempting) to bring this to my attention and I apologize for the late response.

I'm sorry but you REALLY need to revert the ID changes of all your "legacy" morphs before scenes start using them. By changing the ID you are requiring us to have both the "old" versions and the "legacy" versions as well as your new "remastered" versions. Essentially you are requiring 3 versions of every morph, when it should just be 2. Old and New. You cannot just willy nilly change morph IDs without breaking everything that used them.

We're now forced to use the latest version of all your packs, as well as the version prior to that, to fix all the scenes that use them. So now we have even a bigger mess in VAM and hundreds of duplicate morphs - The biggest slowdown for VAM.

Yes! Why wasn't this addressed weeks ago? Simply downgrading is not an option. You'll need to install both because most new scenes will be using the new updated version with the changed ID simply because it's the latest version.

Basically, the longest this goes unaddressed the bigger the issue becomes. They updated the pack without commenting on your post, so I assume they are aware of the problem and okay with this...?

It's okay to change the file paths inside the VAR but you cannot change morph IDs without breaking literally every scene that used your packs up until now.

Yes, as stated above, this one slipped through the cracks and I did not see your discussion posts until today. To clarify, you can change the file structure OR the IDs, but not both. I will work on a fix this week. Apologies for the late response.

AshAuryn updated AshAuryn's Expressions (72 morphs) (Legacy) with a new update entry:

Fix for broken scenes after version 3 update

A change in file structure and morph IDs caused scenes that used the version 2 morphs to break. Unfortunately, although it was posted in the discussion by some concerned users, this was only today brought to my attention.

There's not a clean way to fix this issue, so unfortunately there will be duplicates of the morphs. On the up side, they have different IDs so they shouldn't be confusing if you're searching in the Morphs tab.

The old morph IDs are located in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This one slipped through the cracks, as did your posts in this discussion, which I missed. I have a similar issue with another legacy pack, and the challenge is fixing it without creating duplicate morphs for everyone. However, I think at this point there might be no other way. Thank you for (attempting) to bring this to my attention and I apologize for the late response.
Welp at this point, It is what it is...
IMO a bit too late for hotfixing it now, 6 months later with 100k+ downloads already (or 3 months "first hotfix" with legacy Sexpressions).

By now you already split user base into "legacy 2020" and "october 2022" users, for all legacy packs.
At this point it would be hard to please both sides and make it fluid (perfect) for everyone.

Simply reverting/pushing old version as temp update (hotfix) would have been a better option back in october. So only small % of users would have new update.
And once you find a solution push new update again or upload new morphs as 2nd var (you can upload more than one package per resource update).

But like I said above, it's your content. So you are welcome to share/edit/update it however (or how often) you see fit. ;)

Welp at this point, It is what it is...
IMO a bit too late for hotfixing it now, 6 months later with 100k+ downloads already (or 3 months "first hotfix" with legacy Sexpressions).

By now you already split user base into "legacy 2020" and "october 2022" users, for all legacy packs.
At this point it would be hard to please both sides and make it fluid (perfect) for everyone.

Simply reverting/pushing old version as temp update (hotfix) would have been a better option back in october. So only small % of users would have new update.
And once you find a solution push new update again or upload new morphs as 2nd var (you can upload more than one package per resource update).

But like I said above, it's your content. So you are welcome to share/edit/update it however (or how often) you see fit. ;)

I wasn't made aware of the issue until long after a week had gone by. I'm also part of the VaM development/moderation team, and I discussed possible solutions with moderators and the developer at length. If there were a simple fix, we would have provided one. Ultimately, the small amount of additional morphs cannot create a noticeable effect on FPS, and providing a var that has both sets of morphs fixes the issue for all users.

Back
Top Bottom