• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question any way to manipulate the position of vam hub/scene browser/creator menu?

LooksHunter

Reactions
Hello there, I was wondering if there is a way to manipulate where the menus show up, in vr. For now the only way not to have it show impossibly high or at awkward angle is to calibrate the room for standing in one spot with the headset laying on the ground during calibration. It works, but I imagine it would cause me frustration when running other applications, which would then display menus below the floor level. Are there any plugins that can do that, or am I missing some obvious setting?
Thank you for your time

I am not sure of the new hub menu or the new start menu, because I don't use them.
As you may know, you could set your personal starting scene by just saving a scene with the name "default".
If you may speak of the normal menues in VR, it is somewhat simple:
The menu will spawn at the position of your VR controller when pressing the menu button.
If you close the menu by pressing the button and press the button again at an other position, you can easily change the hight, angle or depth of it "on the fly". Just "press and move" untill you are happy.
I haven't recalibrated my room setup (steamVR) for almost 2 years, now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I mean yeah those in scene menus work just fine, it's just that big monumetal wall with scene browser and hub that is a bit of an issue. I found a way to recalibrate those a bit, and it was finally kinda comfortable today when I didn't need to stand up and point couple of meters up the celling. Even though I mostly download and organise stuff in desktop mode that big wall menu is unskippable. I kinda look forward to playing some other games for the amusement of being recognised as a midget by the game due to having to calibrate my standing position on the floor.

Upvote 0
Strange, I (SteamVR) never had a problem with this... well, speaking of the few times I have seen it. As an old-school VaM user, I am a bit sceptical about that new stuff.
Maybe I am just "old" without that "school". ;)
You can still skip that "wall" with an ui-button and kill it permanently somewhere in the settings as a workaround without loosing too much functionality, if it gives you troubles.

Edit:
If this is still an problem, you maybe should add that issue to the "Bug" section, too.
But with some more detailed infos about what exactly happens at wich time with your specific VR hardware (or in desktop-mode?).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sure I can record a little demonstration later. Those menus always appear to be very far away, while most of the time most menus in VR are kinda in your face. My eyesight is not the best even with glasses so I usually have to stand up and physically get closer to the menu wall if I want to read descriptions and instructions.

I will fiddle with those settings a bit more, I tend to find some obvious quality of life buttons very often and just facepalm realising I was doing things the hard way while easier solution was staring me in the face from day one : P

Upvote 0
Have you tried to move the UI. Go to Main UI (top left of the icons, the 3 horizontal bars) then User Preferences and then VR1. You will see World UI Distance and World UI Height. Adjust the sliders. Hope that helps!
gghgh.jpg

Upvote 0
Have you tried to move the UI. Go to Main UI (top left of the icons, the 3 horizontal bars) then User Preferences and then VR1. You will see World UI Distance and World UI Height. Adjust the sliders. Hope that helps

Holy crap yes this sounds exactly like the solution that I was looking for. This must be it! Thank you very much, I will try this once I'm back from work.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom