• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

ai face enhancement

sdfg3456

Reactions
posting this here as it might help those that are using FaceGen and have photos that are in less than desirable quality: Remini - AI Photo Enhancer

I took a totally crappy photo in low res and used it. And then did some sharpening and color correcting in PhotoShop. It's mind blowing how good it is!

can you post a few examples? i'm curious what they're doing

you can do stuff like that with local AI as well:
00.jpg
01.2.jpg
01.0.jpg

remini takes old, or poor quality photos and, using the POWER OF AI "restores" the image to high quality. Say you want to use facemate on a photo but the quality is shit, it's all grainy and what not. Remini will restore it to much higher quality.

You can go to the site and sign up for free and try it out. My post is to help those that might not know about it and might benefit from it.

I think you posted some AI art generation stuff. That's not quite the same as what I posted.

it also works on face textures you've already created! This blows my mind. Seriously the results have been amazing.

I just started using Remini and agree. It works great especially for getting photos enhanced before using in FaceGen. Works great for skin textures also, but you might have to do some touch ups in PS or Gimp after the fact which is no big deal.

I'm no expert with anything AI but Topaz Labs is looking pretty good for photo enhancement too and it is a buy once keep forever thing unlike Remini which you keep paying them forever. Always look around before giving these greedy bastards your hard earned money.

Just to clarify- Topaz Labs costs 199 then you keep it forever.
Remini costs 6.99 per week, 17.99 per month with a limit of 20 photos per week.

There are loads to find.

Last edited:
Why aren't you guys installing stable diffusion for free?? Has upscaling integrated as well, just asking.

@sdfg3456
Just install it with automatic1111. You will see then. Various upscalers. If you have questions ask me 🙂

Last edited:
i thougt it only generates images. I looked on the site, I dont see where it does image enhancement like Remini does. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah it can "enhance" images as well. But like Topaz etc it's grabbing elements from other faces in it's model so if you push it too far it will stop resembling the source face.

Yeah stable diffusion is a beast when you use it properly. Here is one, Simple Image to Image upscale, with some added details.

Pos Prompt: 1girl,barefoot,brown hair,dress,feet,full body,green elf dress with intricate red trim,pink lips,realistic,solo,standing,Candy Cane Legwear,toes,28 years old,fair_skin,skinny,glamor,Caucasian,elf ears,elf like,

lol, looks like she busted her heel.

montana.jpg

00015-2997247840.png

It already is installed and i have tried, but maybe I'm not pushing it "too far", whatever that means. Enhancing an image 4x gives me "perfect" face results, quality varies between upscalers of course. Eyes are a problem but in general, for free, the results are pretty good in my eyes.

I made a short comparison between Lanczos and LDSR upscaler cause both gave me good results:
comaprison upscalers.png

Lanczos takes only a few seconds (~3) to upscale whereas LDSR takes minutes (~8) for the same picture (768x768 upscaled to 4x) on a 4090.
As we can see, Lanczos is doing nearly nothing whereas LDSR really is upscaling.
It's just a rough comparison with some resizing by myself.

So yeah, I'd say it could make sense to pay money cause good upscaling takes time and therefore consumes energy. And with a slower GPU than a 4090 it will take a lot of time I guess.

Last edited:
It already is installed and i have tried, but maybe I'm not pushing it "too far", whatever that means. Enhancing an image 4x gives me "perfect" face results, quality varies between upscalers of course. Eyes are a problem but in general, for free, the results are pretty good in my eyes.

I made a short comparison between Lanczos and LDSR upscaler cause both gave me good results:
View attachment 314755

Lanczos takes only a few seconds (~3) to upscale whereas LDSR takes minutes (~8) for the same picture (768x768 upscaled to 4x) on a 4090.
As we can see, Lanczos is doing nearly nothing whereas LDSR really is upscaling.
It's just a rough comparison with some resizing by myself.

So yeah, I'd say it could make sense to pay money cause good upscaling takes time and therefore consumes energy. And with a slower GPU than a 4090 it will take a lot of time I guess.
Fair enough. Thanks for the comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom