Not A Bug After VaM update to version 1.22.02 or 1.22.03 the Acid Bubbles Timeline is broken

cenXaur

Reactions
Twitter
cenxaur
Hello @meshedvr I think you should know that After VaM update to version 1.22.02 or 1.22.03 the Acid Bubbles Timeline Segments stopped working.
The timeline events don't hit. When I switch to a segment, I run the anim but no events ever hit.
I can provide any further info if you need.

The version of package is: AcidBubbles.Timeline.280.var

I reported this problem to @Acid Bubbles already.

The last version of VAM which works with AcidBubbles.Timeline.280 correctly is version 1.22.0.1

regards

cenXaur

I would be very surprised if 1.22.0.3 broken anything since very little was changed. I don't think I changed any of the public methods on any classes.

edit: yeah I checked and nothing public facing has changed. You might try a repair in case something was corrupted. Run VaM_Updater.exe, click Options, click Sync / Repair Core.

Where did you report this to me? I just updated to 1.22.03 and as far as I can tell, things still work, but you might have a case I didn't test.
I sent you private mesage here on this forum.

Guys. Should I create any test example or did you find where's the error already?

Ah yes I see! Yes a small repro would be amazing as I sadly get very little time to open up VaM, if I have a repro scene I can at least help @meshedvr pinpoint what changed. I only had time to test that segments worked, but from what I read it's related to triggers? I am inheriting from Trigger and relying on the active property, so if something changed it's possible it affected Timeline.

@cenXaur if you do make one, make it really really simple, either making a repro from an empty scene or removing _everything_ in Timeline that's not related to the problem, that'll save me a lot of time :)

@Acid Bubbles Hey! Here it is. I created a simple scene with two buttons. The scene works fine in VAM 1.22.0.1 but starting from 1.22.0.2 the buttons don't work. If you press the button I call "Play segment". But nothing happens.

Attachments

• cenXaur.TimelineTest.1.var
    28.6 KB · Views: 0
I works for me :( This means, I have no idea why it would be wrong on your end. I tested with VaM 1.22.0.3 and Timeline 280. Did you check for updater errors? VaM error logs? Validate which version of Timeline is running maybe?

Hello @Acid Bubbles I'm very sorry for confusion. I investigated it today and I found out that the problem was not in the timeline rather than with subscenes. I called some actions from timeline on atoms in subscene which suddenly had changed name after VAM update. So, I decided to update all my scenes which were using SubScenes and had this problem. So now my problem is solved and has nothing to do with your timeline. Sorry for this misunderstanding 😟

Back
Top Bottom