• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Add UI in Worldspace via Plugin

Nickster

Reactions
Hello,
is it possible to add a UI in Worldspace via Plugin?

I've created a Panel with some Controls and build it as assetbundle in Unity. Then i load it by a plugin and add it to the Canvas of a UIText or a SimpleSign Atom.

The panel is visible and the controls work. But it is always on top of everything.

Is there a way that my custom Panel is handled like the UIText which can also be behind atoms and other stuff?

I have attached a Screenshot which demonstrate my issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20220630_221720.jpg
    IMG_20220630_221720.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
When you add a atom it's placed at 0,0,0. If you move it afterwards it can go behind anything you want, like any atom.

In case you don't know, there's a plugin called UIAssist that creates a HUD with buttons to triggers you define.

Upvote 0
Hi atani,
the Problem is that I add an UI Element. And I dont know why, but its always on top of everything.
I already placed it inside the canvas of the UIText which is set on Rendermode "world space".
In Unity this works fine. But in VAM its always in front of atoms, even if they are placed in front of the UIText.

I will check out the UIAssist. Hope it can handle all the things im trying to trigger. The screenshot shows only some basics and not everything I want.

Upvote 0
I thought the problem was simpler. I'm afraid this is beyond my knowledge and cannot offer any solution with assetbundles. Hopefully someone else might.

One possibility to try is to make all those sliders as native sliders, add them all to a subscene, save it, and then you can load that subscene on any scene. From the screenshot it looks like they're sliders for morphs mainly, isn't it?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom