• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

550 Central Park West (Spook Central) [CUA]

Assets 550 Central Park West (Spook Central) [CUA] 1

venkman

Reactions
venkman submitted a new resource:

550 Central Park West (Spook Central) [CUA] - I need help.

This is a nearly 100% remake of the other Zuul asset. Why, you may ask?

Well, for starters...I created the WHOLE 22nd floor. And not just eyeballing stuff and guessing like I did for the first asset, but this is all more or less EXACTLY to scale. I found the blueprints for the original set, and loaded them up into my CAD software and, well...just went totally nuts.

So, the whole of Dana's apartment is there - bedroom, kitchen, living room, balcony.

I also added the entire hallway leading...

Read more about this resource...

I love this one, it's awesome. But as VamT already wrote - it would be a bit better if the lights from your plugin where disabled by default. i thought my pc wouldn't be the worst with it's specs but i had like 2 fps when i loaded that plugin xD it was a bit painful to figure out what just happened 😅

I love this one, it's awesome. But as VamT already wrote - it would be a bit better if the lights from your plugin where disabled by default. i thought my pc wouldn't be the worst with it's specs but i had like 2 fps when i loaded that plugin xD it was a bit painful to figure out what just happened 😅

LOL, noted. I forget I'm spoiled with my RTX3080 and 32GB of RAM. I'll make a note in the description to let people know to open the plugin and disable all lights. It probably doesn't help that each light has an emissive texture that is dynamically adjusted to the light's intensity. :p

Great effort on this asset! One issue is if you save a scene with all lights in the plugin disabled they turn back on when the scene reloads.

Great effort on this asset! One issue is if you save a scene with all lights in the plugin disabled they turn back on when the scene reloads.

Ah, crap, didn't think about that. I was so excited to make it auto-load all the things, I forgot about "what if the stuff is already loaded"? :p

I'll think on it and build something in. Also, probably gonna make the controller script it's own thing, as I think it could help creators who are building stuff in Unity.

I took a quick look around the room to check it out, but my game dropped down to 1.88 FPS. My 3050Ti was preparing for a moon launch, so I had to evacuate. I love this environment asset though. :love: 👏

I took a quick look around the room to check it out, but my game dropped down to 1.88 FPS. My 3050Ti was preparing for a moon launch, so I had to evacuate. I love this environment asset though. :love: 👏

Working on a new version now with baked in lighting that should hopefully be a little more kind to hardware. :p

Just a heads up but there seems to be something in the kitchen which causes massive Lag. This can be noticed with the cua only. No plug ins. On both versions. I'm trying to narrow it down but it seems like it's the coffee maker or something in that area. Looking at it I drop to 18 fps on desktop mode. And looking away or anywhere else I go back up to over 300 fps. I don't have a low end machine so just wanted to let you know. Ill check it out in vr later and find exactly what it is. Other wise this place is awesome 😎

Figured out what is causing the fps issues. Its the potted plant next to the piano. Hope this helps ☺️

Back
Top Bottom