(1.20.77.9) FPS drops with ISSphere scale change (using volume trigger)

RandomVAMUser

Reactions
I was using 4 ISSpheres (2 inside each other, each with different Zscale range & different color range)
at first i thought issue was with collision (on other atoms), render queue (on spheres), or something...
but after disabling/removing rest of atoms (even ones with physics enabled), i finally managed to find my culprit.

Issue:
Weird issue when using RhythmAudioSource volume trigger to change X or Z scale on ISSphere.
(physics off, collision off, gravity off)
For some reason when changing X or Z scale it tanks frames.
But when changing Y scale (or overall scale) it has minimal or no impact on fps. 🤷‍♂️

How to reproduce:
-add ISSphere (or 3 for each scale), disable physics
-add RhythmAudioSource and play something (didn't test with AudioSource, since i need Rhythm source for RhythmForce & SyncForce)
--set trigger quickness to 50 & reduce multiplier to 2-3 (so i doesn't max out volume trigger)
--add 3 volume action triggers (1 for each scale) to change scale 0.01 to 1.00 (any value works, as long as there's some change in scale)
--toggle 1 by 1 each action and look at fps when toggling X or Z scale on (compared to Y scale)
-optionally add something extra to stress scene (like person atom), so it's not capped at 309fps

fix/workaround:
Trigger Y scale instead and just rotate sphere to point in right direction.
That way it still looks like X or Z scale change, but without frame drops.

EDIT:
added screenshots as impact comparison
example.jpg
example2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom