• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Fixed (1.20.1.6) These specific files don't build right via the package manager.

vamX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
vamX
Not sure why but these have never built right. These files are located in a subfolder of Custom/Scripts/resources. Other files build correctly.

These files don't have SELF:/ appended as it should be, even if I manually put SELF:/ into the original file it is removed.

I have many, many other files which all build correctly and add SELF:/ as needed to the json. But every time I build I must manually extract, and fix these files, and put them back in the var package.

Attachments

• Mushroom Dance.json
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Particles 2.json
    10.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Mushroom Dance Before build.json
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Particles 2 Before build.json
    10.9 KB · Views: 0
I end up searching for (with the quote) "Custom/
and changing these items to "SELF:/Custom/
to fix them manually

To be clear the items that don't say before build are file I extracted from the .var package after it was built.

SELF:/ is meant for references to items in the same package, so when you build a package that has a scene that references an asset, and that asset is included, the SELF:/ prefix gets added automatically by the packager. If that asset is not included, the SELF:/ prefix does not get added because it is an external reference.

Are you including the referenced assets in these scene files into the package?

I just tested and it is working for me so I don't know how to replicate what you are seeing.

I created a small zip (link sent directly to you) with the files needed to reproduce this error. Just unzip and put in a clean copy of VaM. I then set my creator name to vamX, and configured things as shown in the screenshot. At the end of the build, the Particles 2.json file, for example has an assetUrl of:

"assetUrl": "Custom/Assets/vamX/xstatic/xstatic particle pack#5.assetbundle"

Even though this build includes that assetbundle, it was not changed to reference it as self.

Attachments

• Example.PNG
    Example.PNG
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
The problem appears to be because these json files were externally edited or formatted? VaM writes out json files with space after key name before the ':', but these files have no space. I can fix to account for this though. Your file example:

Code:
 "assetUrl": "Custom/Assets/vamX/xstatic/blue hand.assetbundle"

Back
Top Bottom