All tests accomplished using a set of 6,436 CC-Licensed packages.
Load Time (Clean VAM install) using plugin - 2.23 seconds RAM: 2.23GB
Load Time (SymLinks) - 16.54 seconds RAM: 8.16GB
Load Time (Flattened Packages for ALL content) - 36.46 seconds RAM: 32.23GB
Load Time (Normal VAM setup with VAR in Addons) - 42.12 seconds RAM: 28.23GB
This is the backend for the RC-Streamer and RC-Session plugins.
-Ingest archive files
-Cross reference files
-Re-Hydrate ingested archives (Re-create them from the db)
End uses: (probably only want to use one of these strategies?)
-Build symbolic link structure to de-duplicate files
-Download "flattened" package files (packages with no external dependencies)
-Serve as a local server for the RCStreamer and RCSession plugin.
Available Methods to Install:
- A local copy of Sql Server (Recommend the free Dev edition of SQL server 2019)
- Provided powershell scripts to install docker, create the sqlserver container, and run the app (You need to set "UseDocker" to "true" in appsettings.json
I will be posting Installation guide, but for those of you that have used VARy or Fingerprint, all that should be required is to change the connection string in the appsettings.json file.
Powershell scripts contain all of the necessary commands to deploy with docker, but there may be some gotchas (such as allow scripts to run). The order for the scripts is
and after all of those complete successfully
I believe those two scripts will need to be run as Admin, but the application itself no longer requires that it be run as admin!
Once it loads successfully using the above info:
1. Navigate to "Archive Scan"
2. Set your directory.
3. Click "Scan All"
4. Once it scans all of your files (it does them in blocks of 300, and reports progress in the console below) proceed to the next step.
5. Flag the "build Packages" process to start.
As it flattens packages they will become available in the "Data" window, and will also show up in the plugins.